cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line not working and broadband keeps dropping out

DanniT

Phone line not working and broadband keeps dropping out

Hi all,

Ever since I plugged in my home phone line in (last week) I have noticed static noise on my phone line, and it's now a constant loud crackling that is occasionally so bad it's almost unusable as a telephone. I can't hear the other person and they are getting poor sound quality from me. 

I am also having fibre broadband problems - speed dipping to about 2-5 MB/s (was always over 25 MB/s before) and also random disconnects every hour or so. I can't access software like Zoom in the evenings as I drop out all the time. I am a teacher working form home at the moment so i really need the internet to teach!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Phone line not working and broadband keeps dropping out

Hi @DanniT, I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with both your phone line and your broadband.

I tested both lines, and it shows that there is an issue occurring close to or inside your property. I am more than happy to get an engineer booked to look into this for you but could I please ask first that you follow our troubleshooting guide here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/.

Once these steps have been completed, if you do not see any improvement please do let me know and I will send you the information that I need to request an engineer for you.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
DanniT

Hi Jess

Thank you for getting back to me. I have tried the troubleshooting tips and it doesn't seem to make any difference. 

Please could you book an engineer? I am a teacher working from home due to Covid so I really need the internet right now!

Thanks again 

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for letting me know @DanniT, I've raised a support ticket on your account regarding this here.

Once you have had a chance to review the ticket and reply please let me know that I can follow up with an appointment for you.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
PJames

Hi Buttercup.

I posted a similar problem last week about my noisy phone line causing slow speeds and disconnections 

- but unfortunately haven't heard anything back about it yet. 😞

It's causing me problems using VPN when trying to work from home. (I'm doing IT support for a chain of pharmacies)

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Noisy-phone-line-causing-slow-broadband-fibre-speeds-discon...

Please could you raise a fault with Openreach for me? 

Many Thanks.