cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line keeps going dead - cannot get through on Customer Support Line.

jtdecesare

Phone line keeps going dead - cannot get through on Customer Support Line.

Hello

For the last few weeks our internet has been dropping randomly. We then got a lot of noise on the line (the other callers all said it was very bad but our end seemed ok) and now the phone line is going dead when making or receiving calls. Again, this is fairly random.  We only use the master socket (no other working sockets in the house).  I have checked all 3 of the phones (only a year old) and the connection to the master socket.  It has happened on all 3 phones so unlikely to be a fault with them and seeing as we have had numerous engineers check inside the house over the last few years it is unlikely to be a fault inside.

A few weeks ago we saw Openreach working a lot in the local area and down our road.  We know they have installed new fibre wires and from the cabinet to our road but understand that these have not yet been connected.  The problems first started when the fibre wires were put on to the pole right outside our house. Is there any chance of getting an engineer to check everything outside please?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Phone line keeps going dead - cannot get through on Customer Support Line.

I've run a line test but there was a problem with the test platform meaning it didn't test properly.

I appreciate you've tried three phones, but can you confirm that they aren't all from the same base unit?

If different, please let us know and we'll test the line again for you, or log it online at the end of this page

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jtdecesare

Re: Phone line keeps going dead - cannot get through on Customer Support Line.

Thank you for your response.  The three phones are all linked to the one base unit which is plugged in to the master socket.  I have checked the connection of the base unit and master socket several times and it seems fine.  The line seemed a lot clearer today (according to the people I spoke to on the phone) but it still dropped connection several times during calls. Tonight there seemed to be a lot of clicking on the line. Thanks again for your help.