cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line is down

Harv1963

Phone line is down

Woke this morning (26.07.2017) to find my home phone has no ring tone. Checked the actual phone with another and fault is still present. My Wifi is ok, it is just the phone that's down.

I have since tried to do use Plusnet fault finder on website and it is stating"an error has occurred" (with the site check) and if I try to phone Plusnet from my mobile it seems Plusnet's lines are down also, so Plusnet is not contactable to report my issue.

HELP!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Phone line is down

Hi @Harv1963,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Can I check some basic facts please?

• Do you have a dial tone? A break in one side of the pair will stop the phone working whilst broadband limps along
  • Have you tried the phone in the test socket behind the faceplate?
  • Have you tired a different filter?  Sometimes faulty filters can stop phone working whilst the broadband still works
  • What happens if you try to phone your land line?
  • Do you have any access to the internet other than the computer connected to your router (e.g. 4G on your phone)?  If yes try running the Plusnet phone fault checker from there - this will run in a manner which will not impact the connection to the website ... which is what does happen if you do a phone fault test on the line you are using for internet access

If you do have dial tone, then dial 17070 and do both the quiet line test, (hang up) and also the ring back test.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Harv1963

Managed to get through to Plusnet customer support eventually. Apparently there is a fault on the line which will be fixed by tomorrow but to answer your questions, there is no dial tone, socket checked ok. When you call the number the phone display momentarily shows the incoming call but no ring and display goes blank straight away.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there, glad you've managed to get an update. You can see the fault report here, however the date isn't tomorrow, the estimated response is by Midnight on Friday.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.