cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line has no dial tone

Marty613

Phone line has no dial tone

Hi, as of yesterday my phone line has no dial tone.  I have taken the cover off the master socket and plugged a corded phone in directly to test and there is still no dial tone.  I have tried to run the trouble shooter a number of times last night and this morning, but keep getting "The result of your line check is unclear".

Can someone from PlusNet please run a proper line test and advise where the fault is and how to get resolved?  In case relevant, broadband is still working.

Thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Phone line has no dial tone

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this afternoon, and for raising this matter to our attention. I've raised the fault on our suppliers side and have sent you a confirmatory email. Our Technical Support Team will review this the following day and will take the appropriate action to follow up. I'm hoping that by the time we review this, the problem has been resolved.

You can find the open fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=215339770

Bare in mind that you may already need to be logged into the Member Centre for this to work.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dgeskin63

I have absolutely the same issue since today (that is - I noticed it today). The phone says Check Phone Line. The line check on your website says that the results are unclear. My number is [Removed]. Please fix the issue. All other remedies (plugging, unplugging etc.) did not work. The broadband is working normally.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @dgeskin63

Thanks for reaching out, likewise, I've run some tests on your line which have found an external issue. This has now been raised to Openreach, and we're hoping to have this resolved by 23/06/2021. I've raised an open Ticket with our Technical Support Team, which you can view and add comments to here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=215353485

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds