cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line fault

barbieg43
Grafter

Phone line fault

we have had no phone or broadband since Sunday and although I have managed to raise a ticket I wanted to ask if the following has happened to other people. Dozens of people in my village are also off so it was a major fault. My neighbour reported it on Sunday and was told it would be rectified by the 18th. Sure enough, BT turned up but only reconnected him and one other neighbour who had managed to report the fault. This very grumpy BT MAN  told the rest of us that every single house that lost their phone line had to report the fault before they would be reconnected? That means that we won't be reconnected until the 22nd Dec. when it's a major fault that has been put right, why does every single house have to report the fault before they can be reconnected? I'm in shock!. My ticket is 96392434.
11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Phone line fault

Hi there.
Sorry to hear that your services are down. It looks like a engineer is working on your particular issue this morning so we should have further updates today
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
barbieg43
Grafter

Thank you for that. I am at my neighbours house using his internet at the moment. Can you answer my question though about each house having to report a major fault before being reconnected? Still very much in shock?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

They will attempt to fix all lines if possible however it depends on the situation. In some cases they may need access to your property which isn't the case at the moment however it can differ from fault to fault.
Personally I would always recommend raising it with us even if it was a major outage on the phone as we can then track it on our systems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
barbieg43
Grafter

Have not had any updates. What is happening?
barbieg43
Grafter

Still not heard anything. The internet I can just about mange to go without for a few days, even though I should have been ordering Xmas presents, but not having a phone since Sunday is really getting us down . People hear it ringing but of coarse we don't so they think something is wrong and panic .
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our testing was initially showing a exchange fault so a engineer was assigned to investigate there first.
They confirmed the exchange was fine yesterday so they're sending out a network engineer today.
Fingers crossed this should be sorted out today.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
barbieg43
Grafter

We are back on line. YIPEE. So thank you very much.
barbieg43
Grafter

Well after being put back on it lasted all of 2 days before going off again. Put back on yesterday but my question is what is the best phone number to ring when you've only got a mobile to use, to get things moving? Merry Christmas.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Support are available 24x7 on 0800 432 0200 and 0345 140 0200. If 0800 is charged but 0345 numbers are included in your mobile call plan then that would be the one to choose.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is the phone line working correctly now? I can see a fault was resolved on the 26th so hopefully you can make and receive calls as normal now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
barbieg43
Grafter

Yes thank you. I'm really sorry if I forgot to say that's naughty of me . I can't remember if I texted to say it was back on or not. I just hope it's fixed now. Thank you.