cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line fault - why won't PN and OR communicate with each other?

ljb1

Phone line fault - why won't PN and OR communicate with each other?

I reported a fault with the incoming phone line on 2 November, ticket 93979633. I was told that OR advised it was part of a bigger problem. A couple of days later, PN advised it was fixed - and that's where the trouble begins: The fault was not fixed and PN rejected it back to OR. Then on Friday out of the blue an OR engineer turned up late in the afternoon (good job I was in) and tested the master socket which told him it was an external fault. He then tested a box on the outside of the garage wall and decided that the fault was between the 2 points. He said it was too dark to replace the wire and that someone might come and fix it over the weekend. Guess what, they didn't, nor did they advise PN. I have contacted PN on Monday & Tuesday and they promise to escalate it, but no reply. The situation has deteriorated to the extent I have no phone line at all. Please will someone respond to my ticket and talk to OR. 
All this raises the question: Are PNs charges reasonable because they have a lousy SLA with OR?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phone line fault - why won't PN and OR communicate with each other?

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about the fault and apologies if you feel our updates haven't been helpful or clear.
We need to chase our suppliers as there's a system problem preventing us from progressing the issue further with them at the moment.
As we didn't pick that up today I'll take ownership of this myself and ensure it's chased up tomorrow.
I'll also take care of updating you after that
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ljb1

Hi Adam
Any updates on this?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've not been able to chase this just yet but will be doing so this afternoon.
I'll get back to you as soon as I've done that.
Cheers for your patience.
UPDATE: Thanks very much for your time on the phone this afternoon. As promised I'll keep you updated until the line fault has been fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team