Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line fault progress

FIXED
CryptiC
Hooked

Phone line fault progress

A fault was reported on my mother's landline by text on the 2nd January and was confirmed with a fault reference number saying an engineer would be required to restore the service in 1-4 days without the need for any home visit. I would like to know how to access information on the progress of this repair as currently the phone line is unusable due to the interference on the line. The fault reference number can be provided.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Phone line fault progress

Thanks for your post @CryptiC

I'm really sorry to see your mother's landline isn't working.

If we've raised a fault with our suppliers, there should be a support ticket on the account we'd be providing updates on. 

Can you private message me her account username or fault ref though so I can take a closer look for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CryptiC
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf for the update on the phone line fault. I'll check with my mother over the weekend to see if the issue has been rectified.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good @CryptiC let me know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CryptiC
Hooked

I've checked with mother and as of 4pm today the fault on the line is still there. Someone from Openreach did phone on Friday afternoon and said they would be dealing with it today. While they were on the phone the interference did begin so they definitely know there is an issue! The phone is practically unusable and as this has been more than a week since it has been reported, is there any process to follow in order to obtain a credit onto my mother's account to compensate her for the loss of service?

Thanks in advance for any update or information you can provide.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @CryptiC and I'm really sorry for the distress caused to your mother while the phone fault was ongoing. We wouldn't auto compensate in this instance, as there wasn't a total loss of service (TLOS).

That being said, I've popped a note on the account, which your mother would need to respond to via her Member Centre regarding a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@CryptiC 

If your mum has a high dependency on the telephone you might want have your mum take a look here - https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=additionalsupport - you will need your mum to log into her account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CryptiC
Hooked

Thank you for the information @Townman .

CryptiC
Hooked

With reference to my mother's phone line fault, it was said that an engineer was due to investigate this last Friday. Then my mother was told it would be looked at yesterday but there has been no improvement as of today. Is there any further update on the expected progress of this fault that can be provided?

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @CryptiC

I can see we've been providing updates onto the support ticket logged via the account Here.

Could you check if your mother's receiving e-mails from us? 

Looking at the fault, I can see an engineer went out last Sunday and believed to have fixed a problem at the exchange, but I've just tested the line and the tests are still showing a fault (Battery Contact) so I've raised this back through to our suppliers and we should know more within 24-48 hours. Really sorry for the continued issues.

Feel free to post back with how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CryptiC
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf for your further help in trying to resolve this issue, it is much appreciated. I'll see what occurs between now and Friday.

Thanks again. 

CryptiC
Hooked

An Openreach engineer visited my mother on Wednesday and he has resolved the problem. My mother said she had also been phoned by Plusnet to check that the fault had been fixed.  Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions and especially @Gandalf for your persistence in making sure that the issue was followed up on.

Thanks again for all your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @CryptiC 

Excellent, I’m glad to see that your mother’s phone is now working. No problem at all, let me know if she has further issues or there’s anything else you’d need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Gandalf as per message #10.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still