cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line fault: getting status updates

navman

Phone line fault: getting status updates

I reported my phone out of order over 2 weeks ago. Despite there being a support ticket open, it never gets updated with more information unless I phone up. As it always seems to take at least 30 minutes and sometimes more than 45 queueing waiting to speak to someone, it's rather inconvenient to have to do this every few days.

Seeing as I don't have direct contact with Openreach it would be nice if someone followed up and let me know the status.  As that doesn't seem to happen is there any way I can track the status of my fault online with Openreach?

Is there any alternative way to request a callback or make contact with Plusnet so that I can get a timely update on when my phone might be fixed.

At the moment I'm paying for a service I'm not getting and Plusnet's customer service seems sadly lacking in terms of updating me on what (if anything) is being done to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Phone line fault: getting status updates

Hi @navman,

I'm very sorry for the length of time that this fault has been ongoing. It's disappointing to see that our faults team have not been providing you with timely updates that you have had to chase us. I will pass on feedback regarding your poor experience here.

I can see that the last update was that cable replacement was required and that our suppliers had submitted a traffic management request so that this work can be carried out. I have contacted our suppliers for a further update and they have advised that they have been able to start the cable replacement work today and that this is expected to take two days. They will provide a further update by Monday the 13th. I've taken personal ownership of this now to ensure that you receive this update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
navman

Re: Phone line fault: getting status updates

@EmilyD Thank you very much for the update and for taking ownership of the issue. I was dreading being on hold for another 45 minutes waiting to speak to someone. Good to know the cable replacement is actually happening. Many thanks!