cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line fault - AGAIN

Gazzer
Dabbler

Phone line fault - AGAIN

I reported a fault yesterday am (ref 91611744) using the Help Assistant as my line has no dial tone and I cannot make / receive incoming or outgoing calls. Is there another way to do this without making a call as I think it is just sitting in a queue somewhere waiting to be answered. Whilst I know we all think our questions are important I would have thought a no phone line situation would have been picked up as a priority.
Any suggestions anyone? I am unable to use my mobile to call as there is currently a non related issue with that too.
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Fault - Reported via Help Asst Is there another way without a using a phone

Hi Gazzer,
Thanks for letting us know about this, your ticket was due to be picked up by our faults team.
I ran a check on your line and it transpires that there is a fault at your local exchange.
I have raised this with our suppliers now, and they expect this to be resolved by 18/09/14 23:59:59. Hopefully it'll be the sooner side of this timescale though.
I'll make sure you are updated on ticket: 91611744.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Gazzer
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for the update, your help is appreciated. Is there any other way to report a fault other than using the Help Assistant when no phone is available as it would help if there was a dedicated fault reporting option that gave the issue some priority?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for getting back to me,
As it stands, reporting a fault online is exclusively done through the Help Assistant at the moment.
Reporting through this sends a ticket through to a dedicated group that deals with phone faults. The majority of the issues sent into that group are similar to yours e.g. no dial tone.
What would have made the issue easier for you - I'd imagine - would have been a better lead time in response to these tickets.
We are working to drive these times down as much as possible.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Gazzer
Dabbler

Hi
Yes it would but thanks for the explanation.
Gazzer
Dabbler

Phone line fault - AGAIN

Once again my phone has no dial tone!
It was fixed about 2 weeks ago as it had the same problem. If anyone from PN sees this message and can get it sorted it would be good, I have updated the original ticket 91611744 as it was still open. As I put on the ticket, I know it is outside of your direct control but I am not a happy customer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Phone line fault - AGAIN

Hi Gazzer,
Looks like you've had a few phone faults - June last year, September this year and now again in October.
Are you rural?  I'm wondering if there is aluminium in your circuit.  There is a real problem with old aluminium wires, they become brittle and after being worked on can break.
I once had my line repaired and it was great for 90 minutes - it broke on the aluminium - copper join.

@mods - is there merit in merging this thread with http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131813.msg1150646.html#msg1150646 to ensure clear visibility of protracted history?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note
Topics merged.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gazzer
Dabbler

Hi Townman
I am in quite a large city in Hampshire so I am not in a rural area although your explanation could of course still be a possibility.
I asked PN to make sure my CLI was with held as it was with BT, I thought this would automatically happen when I transferred to PN over a year ago but I have recently discovered that was not the case. They did this on the 1/10 (yesterday) which was the same day the latest fault occurred - maybe just a coincidence. From contact with other people in the area it seems phone faults are quite common and I have had quite a few over the last few years so it seems the issues will only be fixed with some form of major maintenance of the local area which of course no one will do. It almost seems that they fix a line by taking the connection from another as there are only a limited number of good connections available so we all get a fault at some point. There always seem to be Open Reach technicians in the area so there must be enough problems to keep them busy.
Regards
Gazzer
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gazzer,
Thanks for flagging this to us again and apologies for seeing this issue raise it's ugly head again!
Just running a quick fault check on the phone has flagged another problem with a disconnection within the exchange so I've pushed this back through to the suppler and we should have an estimated fix time back from them on this shortly.
I must admit, it's very strange that this issue appears to be recurring, the only couple of possible causes I think this would be is that there is some serious issue with the equipment that's not being replaced to an adequate standard each time this issue occurs or fixes being applied elsewhere on the equipment being carried out without any regards for other users of the service however that's just speculation on my part  Undecided
You should see a support ticket on your account within the next 5 minutes to flag the fault to the correct team so that they can monitor the progress for you.