Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line down

FIXED
pennyb2019
Dabbler

Phone line down

Hi 

I spoke with someone yesterday as my phone line has been down/no dial tone since Wed evening. I've tried all the troubleshooting in main and test socket and tried another corded handset, but it's still the same. When you call my no it rings for the caller but nothing at my end. I've tried running the faults checker but I get a something went wrong error message. My broadband is working fine, it's just the phone. Would you be able to raise this as a fault please?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Phone line down

Hi @pennyb2019,

Thanks for running all the checks. I've tested the line and there's no obvious fault showing so I've raised this ticket to progress as a fault for you. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, that you test with an alternate handset, or test your handset in a different known working line just to cover all bases. 

pennyb2019
Dabbler

Thank you. I've tested with another handset and it's still happening. I've replied to the ticket.

Thanks again.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Thanks @pennyb2019,

That's all been booked. 

pennyb2019
Dabbler

Hi

Thank you for arranging. An engineer came this morning and it's all fixed. Was a problem at the exchange.

Thanks again!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @pennyb2019

I'm glad to hear that everything is up and running now.

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team