Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line down

FIXED
frackerdoodle
Hooked

Phone line down

Hi,

Ever since Friday my phone/internet seems to have gotten steadily worse! Internet connection speed massively reduced and dropping in and out every fifteen minutes or so, only to get worse on Saturday - at that point my phone was still functioning and I was able to make a short call. Sunday morning picking up my phone gave me a massively crackly line, and internet was dropping even more frequently - by Sunday afternoon the phone had no dial tone and I've got no internet at all. I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and I'm at a loss - I've used the line-test facility on the website and it's saying there's an error and to call, but the wait times are massive. The help assistant is saying the fault's been raised, but that it's on hold until the 18th - should I expect a response on/after that date, or is there a better/faster way to chase this up?

3 REPLIES 3
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Phone line down

Hi @frackerdoodle really sorry to hear about your issues, our testing is suggesting that there are no issues external and that the problem is likely inside the home. It's not always right though so I'd be grateful if you could run through our troubleshooting guides here.

If you can let me know how it goes we can help you from there.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
frackerdoodle
Hooked

Hi Jono,

As i've stated I've already tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions to no effect, just tried again now and still no dial tone. As I said, was not an immediate drop, but a slow decline, first the reduction in speed/intermittency of connection, then the crackle on the line, before finally losing connection entirely. The connection got particularly bad following the storm before the weekend and the heavy wind/rain following.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Fix

Sorry for misunderstanding, it's raised now and is expected to be fixed by our suppliers on Wednesday.

Let us know if the problems persist after that.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager