Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line dead?

FIXED
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Phone line dead?

My phone line has gone dead and I cannot make or receive calls. I have tried 2 phones and nothing, yet both phones work fine on nieghbours line. I'm not even getting a dial tone. I have tried the troubleshooter and according to the site, there are no issues in this area, but need this sorting soon as possible because of partners ill health. Can this be looked into please?

Thanks.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
14 REPLIES 14
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Phone line dead?

No issues in the area, but they only tend to show multi line issues, not single services.

Most likely a line fault if it's just gone like that. Usual steps, give it a go in the test socket (I think PN have dropped this from their diags now and just take the hit if a fault is proven internal wiring) but get it logged with PN.

I'd phone this one in as well if there are health implications to look if you'd qualify for the priority repair-if that's not logged on your account already raising online will treat it as a normal case. Give 0800 432 0200 a bell and get them on it. Staff on these forums aren't too common these days.
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Already tried it in the test socket, that was the first move. So took phone to next doors and it works fine. They don't open till 9 this morning so yes, they will be getting a call. 👍

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Did you try the phone trouble shooter (see the link below) and select "No dial tone"?  That should have run a line test ... and hopefully found and reported a fault ... unless the fault indicated that a home visit is required (an error occurred) ... which needs to be booked with the support centre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Yes I went through the test etc. but that proved to be 'inconclusive'. I have phoned the issue in and was told that there is a fault and that it should be resolved in 3 days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi Pete, I'm sorry to see your phone's stopped working.

I can see line tests have shown what's known as a dis one leg in network fault which means one side of the line's faulty. An engineer should be investigating anytime before the close of play on 09/06/21 23:59:59 so it could be sooner, depending on engineer availability in the area to pick the task up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thank you. 👍

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Now that's just made me chuckle.,, This fixed my problem? bit previous isn't it? It isn't fixed yet. 😂

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@Pete11 But the topic isn’t showing as fixed? I suspect you may be seeing the fix button you can click on when you feel it is fixed? Wink

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

More to the point click the THIS FIXED IT on the post which FIXED the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Yep, you're right. I blame a certain chap called John Smith, he spiked my can of beer with alcohol. DOH!!!DOH!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey, John Smith is innocent. Grin

Although I don't actually like beer. ‌Roll_eyes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

😂

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Forgot to update this. Problem now solved and phone line is working again.

Thanks all. 👍

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome and thanks for the confirmation @Pete11 

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet