Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line dead after pole upgrade

Pete_uk
Grafter

Phone line dead after pole upgrade

Plusnet username:  [Removed]

Yesterday morning some people turned up and installed two new poles on my street. This required the phone line to be taken down while this was done. But when they left our phone has no dial tone and is dead. Worst of all (obviously) there is no 'broadband' light on my openreach modem and so no internet.

I am currently on my works broadband (at this hour!) As I have no mobile data this no other means of getting here.

I wasn't sure if I would have to come here or to openreach but as I have phone/'net/you view here I thought this would be the place to start.

Thanks

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed username as it's a public forum

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Phone line dead after pole upgrade

Hi Pete,

Sadly though your issue has been caused by Openreach or their sub-contractor engineers, they offer no means by which users impacted by their failures can obtain direct priority redress.

You need to contact your retail supplier - in this case Plusnet - and report a phone line fault.  You can try the on-line fault tester, however that has a 50% chance of reporting a failure in the test process, but 50% of such failures result in a successful report to Openreach.  You will need to look at your PN tickets (see link) to see if a fault report was actually raised.  Other than that its chat or a phone call.

You can run the fault checker from any where?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pete_uk
Grafter

Hello

I found the phone line tester a little while after I posted and it did report a fault. I received a phone call from a Openreach tech guy who asked a few questions before saying he would come out and do a few tests but as to what could be done what with the weather, well, that would be anyone's guess.

As luck would have it there was someone with a hydraulic platform locally which got him up to the pole. So everything is now fixed Smiley

Thanks Smiley  

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Buy a lottery ticket!  Wink

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your phone line.

I'm happy that it was fixed swiftly. Please let us know if you have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet