Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line dead - Internet still working

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Phone line dead - Internet still working

Says it all - I've unplugged everything and gone right to the master socket with the face plate taken off and tried two phones. Have to assume that as the internet still works its something broken somewhere further back.
I'm going away tomorrow for a few days so do I bother raising a ticket now or wait until I get home?
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone line dead - Internet still working

Probably worth raising the ticket but advise you're away and for how long - that way we'll know not to book any engineers, if they're required. It might be that the fault times out while you're away but it's easier to pick it up again than it is to raise a new fault.
SteveA
Pro

OK I'll do that - as I say as the internet is connected and running fine I can't imagine its a wiring fault
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Given the symptoms you've mentioned it's likely to be an exchange fault.
However we'll keep an open mind whilst looking into this...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SteveA
Pro

I just go through the regular "Ask a question" to do this don't I? The pages on phone help give "paths" to things that don't seem to exist like:
Technical Support > Telephone Services (Landline & VoIP) > Landline (Home & Business) > Report a Line Fault