cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line beep

jjkcortum

Phone line beep

Hi I have already reported a query over the dial tone on my home phone changing to a beep beep beep .. sounds like Morse code.. to be told to check all technical things out.. check , done nothing wrong.
I then Googled it and found out I had to dial 1571 to get rid of a voice mail.. i don't need voice mail as i have a answering machine yet still it beeps even after saying no messages.
What else can I do to get my dial tone back .. PS.. since this started at the beginning of June my internet keeps going low and off too .. there is only 2 computers using it and 2 smart phones occasionally  , no consoles, ... we surely can't be having all this problem blaming it on weather, satellites etc .. I do not want to have to pay £60 for an engineer to come out as I frankly cannot afford it .
Can anyone from PLUSNET please tell me if there is another reason this is all happening like road working in the area maybe ( British Gas and BT Openreach have been digging up roads and pavements near me even outside my house)... I just want my good Broadband speed back and a normal dial tone
OH and I cannot get into my BT box as it is a closed unit the only one I have and it was put in back in 2004/5 by BT themselves. the package went over to yourselves in May 2013.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone line beep

Hi, sorry about that - I've requested that voicemail is removed for you, that should complete if not later today then tomorrow. Hope it helps.
That should get your dial tone back to normal for you, please advise if not.
jjkcortum

Re: Phone line beep

Hi Matt Thank you so much my line is now purring like a kitten .. very happy x Cheesy