cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line (and Broadband) down, frustrated

gp
Dabbler

Phone line (and Broadband) down, frustrated

On Monday afternoon, our phone line suddenly failed.  Called customer support from my mobile, the chap ran a quick test, confirmed the fault as a short circuit on the line and raised a fault with BTOR, target resolution: two working days.  Great!

Come Wednesday night, the phone line is still dead, so I call customer support again. Abbas suggests to "keep fingers crossed", ticket goes on hold until Thursday 7th April at 7:00am.

7:09am, Thursday 7 Apr 2016: Question [ 123211308 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Some time in the afternoon (from work) I try the chat.  The PN guy tells me that all he can do is read out what is in the ticket.  Asked him whether anyone was chasing BTOR, he tells me that the fault is with the technical team and will be dealt with "when it is my turn".

I know PN have no control over the performance of BTOR but I find it frustrating that the first target date is missed and apparently no one is in the position to give me another target resolution date.  Also, what's the point of the chat function if all they can do is apologise.
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Phone line (and Broadband) down, frustrated

Unfortunately it looks like the fault is a common fault which basically means it's affecting quite a few lines.

The latest update we had was that the faults been caused by a 3rd party contractor and it's estimated to be fixed by the 14th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gp
Dabbler

Matthew

thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

Is this the same fault as reported on the BT website:

Dialling codes affected: 01268

Estimated time to resolve: 16/04/2016 10:30

Dialling codes affected: 01268

Impacting service since 05/04/2016 11:53

My phone line went down the day before (04/04) around 13:50.

anyway, looks as if I have to get a 4G dongle to get internet back in the meantime.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Most likely yes.

We'll keep checking for updates and we'll have a further update soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gp
Dabbler

For a change, I have an update for you Smiley - phone and broadband are back since yesterday morning