Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone kaput

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Phone kaput

I completely understand the point you are making and I am really sorry that it is going to take so long to resolve this issue.
If there is anything else we can help with in the meantime, please do let us know.
prisoner

I am sort of relieved that I am not alone in receiving lousy service.  There appears to be more than one thread complaining about lack of action.  
My line has been out since 13/2 and still no sign of any resolution.  All calls to pLusnet are met with the same non-informative, non-communicative, non-helpful bland response "we are dependent on our supplier" or words to that effect.
Why not get a new supplier, rather than a pathetic bleat "What do you expect us to do?"  Plusnet should be beating Ofcom up and not teling us to do it.

They could even offer a call divert to my mobile whilst the problem is being fixed, but no such helpful suggestion.  
Wake up Plusnet and do something positive.  
Enough said -except look out Virgin - I'm on my way. Angry Angry Angry Sad Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well Ben, I was somewhat shocked by your response. Since there have been no MBORC areas since the 1st Feb. http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1359737219.htm why are phone faults taking this length of time to resolve?
Over a week so far (prisoner) and 10days+ predicted (gerden) is really just not good enough. What are Openretch doing? 48 hours was supposed to be the typical max fix time!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The volume of MBORCs means that there is a backlog of work.
gerden
Grafter

Roll_eyes Yes your absolutely right Prisoner. Plusnet put the responsibility on Openreach. They fail to mention that Openreach, Plusnet and BT  are all owned by the same group. So Openreach has a monopoly on repairs, so they can dictate to the customer when they reinstate the service. Ben if there is a backlog of work any company who has customer satisfaction  as there top priority would employ more staff. Its obvious to many on this forum that the BT group do not have customer satisfaction at heart.  Angry Embarrassed 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If there is a backlog Ben, then an MBORC should still be in place - they are not running as normal. Or is this the "new" normal?
@gerden & prisoner, are either of you in any of the areas mention in the last MBORC as per the link I posted?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Anotherone @gerden
I'm sorry but I can't speak for Openreach!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gerden
I'm really sorry to hear about your issue and that this is taking a while to resolve.
I've just chased this with our suppliers for an update and will update your ticket shortly with more information, I'll take ownership of keeping you updated and will do all I can to give this the urgency it needs.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gerden
Grafter

Wink I have checked Anotherone and I am not in a MBORC area, another lame excuse. Ben states he cant talk for Openreach, your all one big BT happy family Ben. Adam has now got involved sounds encouraging, fingers crossed. Stay tuned will keep you posted.
prisoner

Having fought my way through acronyms - MBORC, etc (what does BOT mean at Plusnet?)  I think I can say I am not in the MBORC area listed.  It seems to me that we (Plusnet Phone Subscibers) are into 1984 land where "resolved" means "not resolved"
My heart is sinking faster than the Titanic.  Please, Plusnet offer me call divert!  BT have done in the past before I switched to Plusnet phone .  Why not you? 
What am I supposed to do without my landline?
gerden
Grafter

Embarrassed Your absolutely right Prisoner. More than one member of Plusnet staff on this forum have ask, what can we do for you. You would have thought that at least they would offer call divert taking into account the appalling service the BT group are offering there customers.  Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You would have thought that at least they would offer call divert

We can, I'm sorry that's not been offered, it should have been by now really. Just drop me a PM with the number you need the divert setting up for.
I've just checked the fault and there's no further update yet I'm afraid but I'll aim to check that again within the next couple of days for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just a heads up though that diverted calls are chargeable at the rate of whatever number they're diverted to.
ismoore999
Grafter

That is pretty poor considering it is your fault that you charge for redirect. I thought you could have swallowed the charge.
It is free with BT (your parent company and the company that owns OpenReach/World etc).
So what is the advantage of being with plusnet then over BT?
gerden
Grafter

Roll_eyes There's good news and bad news. The good news is Adam has said he will divert my calls hooray. Oh dear now the bad news  Lips_are_sealed from Matt, calls are chargeable at the rate of whatever number they're diverted to. Thanks for nothing Plusnet. Adam do you think by checking the faults line this will increase my chances of getting my line repaired before Friday. I agree with your colleague Matt who said in a earlier post that Openreach dictate when the repair will take place. Sadly this is the problem when you give a company the monopoly, they can dictate and the customer suffer's. Twelve days to fix a line fault is unacceptable and the BT group should be ashamed of its treatment of its customers.  Cry