cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone inactive and no reply to support ticket

bigblueamazon
Grafter

Phone inactive and no reply to support ticket

Hi, I don't know what else to do about this problem so I thought I'd post here.
I've not been able to make or receive calls on my landline since last Wednesday (with the exception of one 5-minute call on Saturday, but the line went dead again as soon as I put the phone down), and I raised a support ticket on Saturday which hasn't elicited any help from Plusnet other than an automated response to the original query.
I've done everything I can to find out where the problem may lie, e.g. dismantled and disconnected phone equipment, tried different handsets (corded and cordless), but the line is still not working.

How long should I have to wait for someone to reply to a support ticket? 3 days seems a long time for reporting an inactive line!
Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Phone inactive and no reply to support ticket

Unfortunately Plusnet lacks a prioritization system that would deal with outages like yours as a priority over less important or less urgent issues.  Also, I believe that if you update the Fault Ticket it resets the clock and you fall to the back of the queue.
bigblueamazon
Grafter

Oh dear. Thanks for your reply, anyway.
I had no idea that updating the fault ticket puts me back down the queue - this is not made clear anywhere, and I thought I was being helpful by adding a comment that I had tried another handset.
This wouldn't matter so much if the mobile phone reception in this area wasn't appalling!
Thanks again, anyway.
bigblueamazon
Grafter

I've just  been informed that the line has been tested and the fault is located between the exchange and my premises. Estimated repair date is July 17th.
Just one more question, if anyone can answer this - am I automatically entitled to a pro-rata reimbursement of the line rental cost, for the length of time the line has been down? (Currently 6 days.)
Many thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@bigblueamazon
Hi there and sorry the fault has become a little protracted.
I've just checked the fault notes and can see that an issue outside of your premises has been identified.
This means our suppliers should be able to resolve the fault without the need for an engineer visit.
Please reply back here if you need this chasing again on the 17th and I'll happily get on the case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bigblueamazon
Grafter

Thanks, Adam - I will indeed be back here if I'm still without a phone service!
And my other question, which you didn't answer - to save me trawling through terms & conditions, please would you let me know if I have to pay for the line rental cost while the line is down?
Thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I forgot to address that question,
Yes, you'd still pay as usual for the service and we'll redress any discrepancies in billing as soon as the fault has been fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bigblueamazon
Grafter

Thank you so much, Adam Smiley
Much appreciated.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, no further updates yet I'm afraid (just checked). We'll keep you informed.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bigblueamazon
Grafter

Thanks Smiley
Weirdly, the phone rang earlier but the line went off again after that. I hope someone's not trying to phone me to say I've won the lottery Wink
bigblueamazon
Grafter

Hi Adam
I just wanted to let you know that my line came on again a week after it went off. I would like to thank you, and the staff who have dealt with my query privately, as the standard of help has been exceptionally good. I was informed earlier that a week's line rental has been refunded back to my bank account today, and I only had to ask once for it - no drawn-out communications!
Thank you again!  Smiley