cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone disconnected

thrud

Phone disconnected

On the 6th of August I got an email from Plusnet that they were sorry to hear I was leaving them and that my phone line would be disconnected on the 12th, I am not moving from Plusnet in fact I've only just joined. As a recent mover to Plusnet from BE I figured that this must be the cease order from BE being processed by BT, so I tried to reply to say don't allow this, of course the email address doesn't accept replies so I had to post a question, which I did on the 6th telling them I was not moving and would they ensure that my phone is not disconnected, on the 8th my phone got disconnected, broadband still works but phone is gone. So I post another question. So far I have had no response from Plusnet at all and I now have no phone so can't phone tech support and the question system is apparently not used.
How are you supposed to get stuff sorted when they don't accept email and ignore the online system, total shambles already regretting moving, this is first time I have ever lost my phone line in a move, it also the first time I have had no response from a tech support ticket for 3 days and counting.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone disconnected

Hi there,
Sorry to say it looks like the cease has completed early (and even if we'd responded to the ticket on the 6th all we'd have been able to do would be to advise you contact the provider who placed the cease and ask them to cancel it). I've taken this through to our provisioning team, they should get the phone re-enabled this afternoon but I'm afraid it'll be a while longer to reinstate the broadband.
We'll keep pushing though and let you know as soon as we've got a date for the reprovide.
thrud

Thanks for the response, the broadband is currently still working fine, unless it's also going to die due to the line disconnection at some point.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I hope not, but unfortunately it may do - fingers crossed that it stays on for you though.
thrud

Phone started working this morning, but the broadband is now disconnected
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, drat. I've had a word with our provisioning team, we've tried to place a new order but our suppliers are now showing no capacity at the cabinet.
We've emailed them and specifically mentioned that your service was live until this morning, I'll update you when we've heard back from them.
thrud

Thanks Matt
It's easier to work round the lack of broadband than the lack of phone, hopefully the no capacity is wrong though, I would like to get my fibre back.