cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone dead - Support dead too

catrional

Phone dead - Support dead too

Sigh,
Here we go again.  For the 4th time this year the phone line is dead and I need to get some support from PlusNet. 
I logged the fault on Tuesday 2nd Dec - Ticket no #95578004
Support has not yet read the question - as expected really since they always hide behind the 72 hours clause in the contract.
I see from the forums that everyone else gets the same treatment, but what gets me is the contrast to the aggressive television advertising "the customer comes first" - what a joke!
13 REPLIES 13
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Phone dead - Support dead too

Dead phone line here this morning too (no dial tone) Noticed this when my DSL session was booted and reconnected about an hour or so ago.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@catrional
Sorry to hear of the issues. I've just picked up your ticket, tested the line and reported this through.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@woodm
I'll give Tony a nudge on this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
catrional

Thanks Chris - at least the resolution is moving forward now.
The target date quoted is Monday 8th - which leaves us without telephone for 6 days - is there some compensation or rebate for this? 
Do I have to claim it or is it automatic?
Chris
Legend

If you give us a nudge (on here is fine) once the fault is resolved we can sort out a gesture of goodwill to cover the downtime.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Might this take some time to resolve Chris? I guess it would be a good idea to ask for the couple of calls I'm expecting this afternoon to come in on my mobile instead?
Chris
Legend

I'd probably suggest that's a good idea, we haven't yet tested the phone fault so haven't been given an estimated repair time.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Ok.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@woodm
I'm picking your fault up now. I'll update the details by SMS or call.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
catrional

Chris,
I have just checked and the phone is now working again 15:30 Friday 5th Dec - there is no additional commentary on the support ticket but if if was fixed due to your help then many thanks.
3 and a half days with no phone service - does that attract any rebate?
Chris
Legend

Let me go and reply to your ticket, I'll pop a goodwill gesture on your account too.
lyndonp
Grafter

Chris,
As you know I reported a a dead phone on Thursday 27th Nov and couldn't get an engineer to look at it until Monday 1st December - their earliest appointment.. They did fix it that day, although I didn't get Broadband working properly until Wedneday morning 3rd December.

Do I receive some form of rebate for that please?

(One positive I can say is that my broadband speed is the fastest it has ever been recording speed tests of 4.8 and a BTW IP profile of 5.9 - previously the  speed was around 3.8 and the profile was around 4.5/4.7. I don't know if that is the fix to the pole outside or because the engineers also decided to change my 25+ year BT primary face plate to an OR faceplate?? They said it should improve speed)
Thank you.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

I have to say I'm quite impressed with how quickly OR fixed my line being an avid Watchdog viewer 🙂