cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone control panel not available

MartinC17

Phone control panel not available

How long does it take for the Phone Control Panel to become active for a new residential customer?
Our phone was switched over to Plusnet to join our existing broadband package early yesterday morning but when I try to access the control panel I get the error:  'Home Phone Control Panel not available This page is only available to Home Phone customers'.
I'm wanting to active the 1571 service and review the features available but I'm stuck unable to do this at the moment.  Unfortunately the switchover has by chance happened at a difficult time for us as we had a sudden death in the family this week and at the moment nobody can leave messages for us when we are away from home. 
I'd love to have enough time to spend an hour or so on in the queue to the call centre but that's just not possible at the moment.  At the moment I'm wishing I'd stayed with BT.
Martin
5 REPLIES 5
spickering
Grafter

Re: Phone control panel not available

Hi MartinC17,
Sorry this has not gone entirely according to plan, our automated systems do not seem to have recognized that the phone order complete hence why you cannot access the control panel. I have sent your ticket to a team who can activate this manually for you.
In the meantime I have added Caller Display and Voicemail services as per your ticket via a back end system, these should be ready for you on Monday.
Stuart
Apprentice
Grafter

'm wanting to active the 1571 service .....

Unless it has changed recently the default setting for voicemail/1571 with a PN line/call feature is "ON", well it was when my line was switched over to PN in October 2013.
MartinC17

Quote from: spickering
Hi MartinC17,
Sorry this has not gone entirely according to plan, our automated systems do not seem to have recognized that the phone order complete hence why you cannot access the control panel. I have sent your ticket to a team who can activate this manually for you.
In the meantime I have added Caller Display and Voicemail services as per your ticket via a back end system, these should be ready for you on Monday.
Stuart

Stuart,
Thanks for your help, the services you have added are now working so hopefully it will be fully resolved soon.
Martin
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Martin,
Thanks for posting back! Glad to hear the features have now been added successfully.  Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just FYI this was part of a known issue - P1 79510