Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls from scammers/phishers/spammers - it has to stop

FIXED
jeanners49
Grafter

Phone calls from scammers/phishers/spammers - it has to stop

I'm sick to death of the number of silent calls we're getting on our home phone.  Nearly always from a random mobile number, sometimes an 00333 (India?) number, one from France last week.  We're getting at least 2 a day and I've blocked so many numbers recently that my phone has run out of space. What's the point of being ex-directory and signing up to TPS?  If I Google the numbers, they nearly always shows up as previously searched and are always cold callers/recorded messages re green energy or replacement windows.  Plusnet, you really need to do something about this.  How have they got my number?

5 REPLIES 5
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Phone calls from scammers/phishers/spammers - it has to stop

Do you have Plusnet Call Protect?

Anonymous
Not applicable

They don’t have your number the calls are made using a random dialler and the number you have just happens to match that of the one dialled. As for the Ex-Directory and TSP the companies that makes these calls don’t care about it, never have and never will.

So one solution might be what @BrightonRock suggest or you own physical call blocking device on your phone line.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Fix

@jeanners49

If you buy a phone fitted with BT call guardian such as the 6600 or 8600  and all your problems will go away. I’ve had the earlier 8500 model for at least 4 years with not one unwanted call.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jeanners49
Grafter

Thanks to all for advice and help; it's time to buy a new phone!

Smiley

jeanners49
Grafter

Yes, but that doesn't seem to have helped.  I'm going to get a BT phone as someone else advised.