cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call gone to Bt

trishah
Dabbler

Phone call gone to Bt

My phone was activated on Monday 16 July, I received the activation email early morning, I made a phone call on the 16th at 12:26 leaving a message on my daughters  answer phone as she wasn't in, I have just checked my BT A/C and it is recorded at 12:26  lasting  0.16 at a charge of 22p.
I made another call yesterday morning it's not recorded on either BT or Plus Net yet so I am hoping that BT wil have stopped the service, the strange thing is that my daughter didn't receive the message.
Should I phone BT to make sure ?
Update: I phoned Bt and spoke to a delightful foreign gentleman, he was very helpful from what little bit of the conversation I could understand, the gist of it was that they would refund anything I had overpaid, I am not bothered about the 22p just wanted to make sure the service had been stopped
13 REPLIES 13
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Phone call gone to Bt

You don't want your service "stopped" that has dire consequences.You want to make sure your service is with/has been transferred to Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Just to avoid any 'dire circumstances', I have just checked the telephone order and it completed on July 16th.
Was the BT call also on the 16th? Have there been any further calls logged on the BT account since?
I'm unable to see any calls that have been made via Plusnet, but due to the sheer volume of calls that we process daily, these can be a little behind.
trishah
Dabbler

Mon 16 Jul 12 12:26
- 0:16 £0.220
The BT call was  on the 16th Just copied and pasted it from my  BT a/c and deleted the phone number
I made another call yesterday morning, there is nothing else on BT  and I have not made any more calls since then.Hope it is all ok now
Regards Trishah
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nothing showing as yet I'm afraid but as James says calls don't appear instantly so it's certainly nothing to worry about. I'll keep checking for you though.
You can check on your itemised bill in your members centre too if you wish, that'll show you all calls that have been processed once they start appearing Smiley
trishah
Dabbler

Thank  you Matt and James,I will feel better when I can see everything is working correctly and I can see my calls  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: trishah
The BT call was  on the 16th Just copied and pasted it from my  BT a/c and deleted the phone number
I made another call yesterday morning, there is nothing else on BT  and I have not made any more calls since then.Hope it is all ok now
Regards Trishah

Hi trishah,
Have you made any outbound calls since the 18th as it's still showing nothing on your account, if not then perfect, if you have then it's something we will need to look at.
trishah
Dabbler

I made a call on Wednesday the 18th  lunchtime but none since then, so I have made 3 calls altogether 16th 17th and 18th
Regards
Pat
Update: I have just discovered  the phone call on the 18th went to 18866 I thought I had taken that prefix out of my phone  but the other call  on the 17th didn't and it's not gone to BT  I have just made a phone call a few minutes ago so that should go to you, hopefully.
Anotherone
Champion

Something really ought to be showing now on the Recent Calls tab (login is required).
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had a look into this and there are no calls showing.
It appears there is a delay at the moment with them coming through. Basically this is BT not sending the calls through to us yet, you will be billed by us for the calls but not until they are passed to us.
OFCOM allow up-to 120 days for the numbers to be passed over, this is very very rarely the case that it would take that long.
So at the moment it's a 4 delay, but it's nothing to worry about and nothing that we haven't seen before. I'll keep an eye on your account and let you know when all the calls have been passed to us(this does include all over your calls from Monday 16th May after the call that was accounted to BT at 12:26).
Anotherone
Champion

120 days OMG, never knew that. Another for the list of **** regulations that OFCOM are responsible for  Roll_eyes
trishah, I can assure you, as another customer, they only normally take a day or so, hopefully Plusnet will give BTw a kicking.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your calls are now showing on your account Smiley you can view your <a href="https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_calls_made/">recent calls</a>.
Hope this is all OK for you, let me know if there's anything else.
Chris
trishah
Dabbler

Thank you Chris for your help, there is something else but it isn't a phone problem, it's a router query, I will post it in the router discussions.
Regards
Pat
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to see it's sorted for you.
I'll pop across to the router discussions and help you out there.