Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call charges.

scipio1st
Grafter

Phone call charges.

Please clear up some of my confusion.
It says you pay £9.99 or something for both line rental and phone charges. So why is it I am paying a out £20 instead? Please explain in words rather than informative scripture what this £10 pays for and what kind of charges I have to pay for separately.
It is still cheaper than my old bills but I thought this was a deal with everything in except the premiums.
22 REPLIES 22
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Phone call charges.

A) is this your first bill?
B)to get a breakdown of the bill first go to member centre, then phone call here
then view and higher up itemised bill
for the last bill, select the dates in the drop down box, you will then see an itemised bill.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

This page explains what's included on the £9.99 package, which is on the left and currently costs £4.99 a month for the first 3 months.
Evenings & Weekends

• All evening and weekend calls to UK landlines1

• Great rates on other landline, mobile and international calls

• Simple billing with your broadband bill

• FREE calls to PlusNet Home Phone customers

• Line Rental included

So you still need to pay for weekday daytime calls, and calls to non 01, 02, or 03 numbers, such as mobiles, 0845, 0870, premium rate numbers etc...
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulby
Grafter

Quote from: scipio1st
I thought this was a deal with everything in except the premiums.

Which package have you signed up to?
Is it Evenings and Weekends (£9.99/month - £4.99 for the first 3 months) or Anytime+ (£15/month £10/month for the first 6 months)?
As pierre_pierre has said, your first bill may be higher as it includes the pro rata charge to bring the billing date for your phone service in line with your broadband billing.  Also remember that your broadband will be billed at the same time (I'm assuming you weren't including that in the total you quoted).
On both packages you still need to pay for calls to mobiles, 0845, 0870, 09xxx etc. and the portion of any inclusive call over 60 mins long.
With the evening and weekend package calls to 01/02/03 numbers are included between 6pm and 8am Mon-Thurs and from 6pm Fri to 8am Mon
With Anytime+ 01/02/03 are inclusive 24/7 as are the first 30mins of each call to the top 20 international countries. 
scipio1st
Grafter

This is my first bill. I understand why it would be more but £13 for subscription alone? I thought there was a £4.99 a month for 3 months thing? I understand the extra expenses now, but the subscription needs to be rectified or explained. I currently am on  the evening and weekends. I did not include the broadband bill.
Thanks.
paulby
Grafter

Check your invoice here.
The discount is shown on the invoice as "Special Offer Discount".  It's not shown on the itemised phone bill!
If it's not on your invoice - phone Customer Service or raise a ticket.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Looking at your invoice this is a combination of the pro-rata fees, which only apply on your first month (and are charged to bring your billing date in line with your broadband one), and chargeable calls (such as mobiles) which are not included in the monthly fee.
tonyjackson3

I spent a boring amount of time trying to find out what the charges are for calls to mobiles etc.  I found the  - gasp - rates which BT charge.  How can I find the rates on Plusnet?
Best regards, T.
James
Grafter

coastergrotto
Grafter

Can someone please tell me if an 0844 number (I need to ring  Dell) is charged the same as an 0845 number.  It isn't listed in the call charges.
tonyjackson3

Mobile phone *operators* are listed, but I don't know from a number which operator it is for, thus what it will cost.  So that is only helpful if I have the spare time to hunt for a site which gives me the translation of number -> operator.  Like I have nothing more amusing to do!
I found http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/section/tci/locator.shtml ; but it claims it is no longer being updated and refers me to ofcom, whose page doesn't appear to link to any such information.
Also, the 'home_phone_tariffs.pdf' document (I've downloaded it three times now) contains, after the list of overseas call charges, five pages of Hungarian, with things like c3 or dq67 appearing to masquerade as phone codes (I think.  Whatever, I've never heard of them before, and never seen any one dial them).
Surely I'm not the only person who wishes to know what a call will cost before I dial it?
coastergrotto
Grafter

Tony I agree with you.    I rarely, if ever, dial 0870 or 0845 numbers that's why I'm waiting for a reply regarding my call to 0844.
I have checked the complicated pricing on BT's website and it appears that a call to 0844 444 is a g8 call and costs 1p per minute at any time.   Could someone from Plusnet confirm this as I need to make the call as soon as possible.
James
Grafter

Ah fair enough.
The calling codes equate to loads and loads of different calling types, such as premium rate, 05 numbers, internet calling charges and so on.
With mobiles it's a lot harder to work out what network they are on with PAC codes now being available to keep the same telephone number (you used to be able to guess what network they were on by the first 5 digits).
I managed to find this though:
http://mnnc.net/index_old.php
paulby
Grafter

@coastergrotto
A g8 call on PN is also 1p/min at all times - see the price list here and the extract in the screen shot below.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Paul, you are a star.  I must admit I never scrolled down that far when I viewed the Plusnet Price List.
Memo to myself:  Fully check everything before asking stupid questions.