Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call charges equate to £7200 per hour

FIXED
martin404
Hooked

Phone call charges equate to £7200 per hour

Got my phone bill and it appeared to have extra charges on it. I checked the new itemised bill (The 1 and only time I have been able to access it) and found a couple of calls that had charges against them. I pay extra for evening and weekend calls and actually very rarely use it, but my partner does and I have explained that 60 mins is free, but over that you start getting charged, "fair enough" however, 1 call was about 14 mins over and there was a couple of quid charged, the other call duration was 1.00.02 minutes, and had a £4.00+ charge next to it! So over £2.00 a SECOND!!!! Both calls were made after 6.00pm.

Now I don't mind paying some additional cost if we go over the allowable call duration, but £2.00 a second is a bit much.

Lucky she was not on it for 24 hours or my bill would be over £172,800.00!

Can`t access chat, and no-one is answering the phone, but would like someone to sort out the bill, and explain why these calls have been charged so much.

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Phone call charges equate to £7200 per hour

Fix

I was under the impression that the free evening calls start at 7.00PM so that may have something to do with your charges.

martin404
Hooked

If that is indeed the case then I shall have a large lump of humble pie, and silently slope off Smiley 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@RealAleMadrid is correct:

From here

We charge calls by the day and time they are made. The time periods described in this guide are as follows:

• 'Daytime' means between 7am and 7pm, Monday - Friday
  • 'Evening' means between 7pm and 7am, Monday - Friday
  • 'Weekend' means any time on Saturday or Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.