cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone billing out of sync with account billing

paulby
Grafter

Phone billing out of sync with account billing

Is there any way that my Home Phone billing can be brought back into sync with my broadband billing?
Since I changed product on Home Phone a couple of months back the itemised bill runs from 8th of each month however my actual account billing is on the 21st of each month. 
It's not a huge issue but it would be nice to have things back in sync if possible!!
45 REPLIES 45
James
Grafter

Re: Phone billing out of sync with account billing

Hi Paul,
Can you remember if your account change was pushed through, or whether it was scheduled for your next billing period?
It normally takes about 3 months for the two products to sync up with each other if the billing dates become misaligned.
paulby
Grafter

It wasn't pushed through manually - I upgraded it from E+W to Anytime and it happened immediately (service notice  SN70034989 refers) on June 8th.
Current itemised bill is showing running from 08/09/09 to 07/10/09.
James
Grafter

You're going to need to remind me of your username again Smiley
I think I know what it is, I just can't spell it right!
paulby
Grafter

PM Sent Smiley
paulby
Grafter

Just checked this again as it's billing day!
The credit limit has been reset (as usually happens) but the itemised bill is still running from the 8th of each month instead of the 21st (on the "itemised bill" tab).  The summary page shows the correct payment date though - see screen shots below.
As I said before it's not a big issue but it would be nice to have the amount charged on the invoice match the call charge on the bill. As it is it is the amount required to bring the credit limit back to £75 which covers calls across two itemised bills!
James
Grafter

Hmm.  Looks like it's creating a new set of scheduled payments for the 8th each month.
I don't think there's going to be anything that I can do to fix this one I'm afraid.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have got the same, Bob P said in print will correct after 3 months Cool
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Jameseh
Hmm........................
I don't think there's going to be anything that I can do to fix this one I'm afraid.

Apply your foot to the rear end of someone who can?  Lips_are_sealed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

My calls have just been updated.  My billing date is the 23/24th, but my listing date since the Aug muck up is 10/11th.  the remaining hours (~I am on the Legacy 240) is however correct, so somewhere in the dim and distant PN bundle of wires the correct answer seems to have come out, even though what is displayed is strange
Minxymoo
Grafter

I'm having the same problems.  I moved to plusnet phone in July, billing date for braodband is about the 10th of month but phone bill is later in the month.  It would be much easier if they were both set to the same date. 
amasike
Dabbler

Quote from: Charley
I'm having the same problems.  I moved to plusnet phone in July, billing date for braodband is about the 10th of month but phone bill is later in the month.  It would be much easier if they were both set to the same date. 

I have the same problem and also want my phone and broadband bills to be in sync.  I have complained bitterly but it's no use, nothing seems to be getting done about it.  Orbrey told me the Development Team were having a meeting on Tuesday morning and he would let me know the outcome but I haven't heard from him.  It's too confusing and I don't know what I'm paying for and it seems that Plusnet are in no hurry to do anything about it. 
I have been with Onetel before Talktalk took over, as well as Orange and BT and I have never ever had problems like this.  I suggested to Plusnet that they contact these companies for advice on how to handle their calls.  If in fact they are a subsidiary of BT then they should already know.  This problem has been going on for far too long now and needs to be resolved. 
My next billing date is 12th November and I have been told the problem should correct itself as November is my third month.  Well let's see what happens.  Doesn't seem to have worked for other folks.  If it's not fixed and there's no promise of a fix within a couple of days then I'm moving my phone, as it seems we are just being given excuses and just being told what we want to hear.  Not good enough!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
We have prioritised the problem we have raised on this issue, although I've also asked the developers involved to manually update the accounts mentioned in this thread.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

T

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Be3G
Grafter

Do I assume that's essentially a ‘bump’? If so can you please be mindful of the forum rules that concern such an action. Thanks.