cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone & Broadband on separate lines

Simon_M
Grafter

Phone & Broadband on separate lines

I know that Home Phone is an add-on product - it's only available to existing (or new) broadband customers.
I have two BT phone lines in this house & I'd like to add Home Phone, but unfortunately I need it on the 'other' line - the one that doesn't have the Plusnet broadband.
I can't find any reference to it now, but I seem to remember Mand managed to organise this for someone a while ago. Can anyone else remember, or maybe Ben could see what might be possible? 
Many thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
Mand
Grafter

Re: Phone & Broadband on separate lines

Hi there,
It *is* possible, but will need a separate account to your broadband one. The CSC should be able to sort that for you, but if not give me a shout. Smiley
Simon_M
Grafter

Thanks, Mand. I'll raise a ticket in the morning & see how I get on.
I'm sure there will be no need to polish up the old education tool.  Wink
It's good news that it's a separate account, because the broadband is on a business account & it's Home Phone that I need on the other line.
Thanks for the info.
Simon
Simon_M
Grafter

Well, made some progress, but not quite as expected.
Mand, Sales seem to think it has to be done as a Madasafish account. I'm sure you (& Phil R - see tkt)  would have mentioned this if you also thought that was the case.
More details in ticket 34338398, if you wouldn't mind having a look.
Thanks
Simon
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our sister company, Madasafish provide home phone only as a standard package. We don't offer home phone only on Plusnet but would have made an exception for you as you have broadband on a different line. This is outside of the normal signup process though.
Please note that Madasafish have the same products and the same pricing as Plusnet, they're just called different things.
Talk Evenings and Weekends (Plusnet) = Talk Free (Madasafish)
Talk Anytime (Plusnet) = Talk Anytime (Madasafish)
The Madasafish website is built to be able to sign customers up for Talk only, so you can easily run through signup here. If you have any trouble then we can always create a PAYG account for you on PN and sort things that way.
Simon_M
Grafter

Thanks Ben. I agree that that is a possibility, but I'd rather keep things under the Plusnet brand if at all possible.
I've updated the ticket with further info.
Simon
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've bounced your ticket back with information on how we finish this off.
Simon_M
Grafter

Thanks Ben.
New account created & ticket 34419784 raised on the new account. In it, I've cross referenced the original ticket, so I hope it's all clear to whoever picks it up.
I assume I have to wait until the phone control panel becomes active to add Caller Display & Call Minder?
Simon
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Done! Caller display and voicemail have been requested.
Simon_M
Grafter

Cheers Ben - thanks for your assistance.
So now I'll just sit back & wait for it all to happen!
Fingers firmly crossed it all goes smoothly (or divorce will be threatened - hmm, now there's an idea!  :o).
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Such drastic measures should not be required Smiley
Simon_M
Grafter

For the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn't threatening to divorce Plusnet. It's just that if I am responsible for moving the line to Plusnet & it doesn't all go smoothly & there is any interruption in communication between SWEMBO & her offspring, then it's me who will be threatened with divorce!
Why am I risking this? BT's service has been excellent & there has never been a billing problem. But as it's impossible to get a sensible call package without signing up to their 'one chance a year to escape' contract, I've decided it's time for a move.
I know the Plusnet service hasn't been faultless, but at least you can get some sense out of people when it does go wrong & if all else fails, the notice period is actually less than the time it takes to move the line.
Quite by coincidence, BT rang me to try & flog me a call & broadband package on my business line & I told them I wasn't interested under the restrictive contract terms. The guy was very understanding, not at all pushy & didn't sound at all surprised!
Simon_M
Grafter

Well, I'm pleased to report that the service changed over without a problem. I was going to write 'seamlessly', but actually, I've no idea if it was seamless or not - we were away on holiday at the time, so wouldn't have noticed any short term interuption even if there had been one. All I know is that it was all working fine when we got back.
A couple of questions that existing users may be able to answer for me: we've gone for the 'Evenings & Weekends' package to start with; we may move to 'Anytime' once I see how the calls pan out. On the Account Summary, it says 'Remaining mins: 135 min'. What does this relate to? Is it the remaining time for inclusive international calls? If so, that would suggest that SWEMBO has had some very long calls to No 1 son & family in Sweden & we've only been back home for 4 days.
That leads on to my second question. Although we got back from holiday last Saturday & therefore wouldn't have made any non-inclusive calls until Monday, I would expect to see something on the Recent Calls page by now.
Is it a characteristic of new accounts that they take a while to start updating? I haven't seen the usual flurry of posts that we get when the system is having a general problem with delayed updates.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your minutes have been pro-rata'd to your next billing date. Your account was created with a billing date, even though it initially had no chargeable components. I'm not seeing any calls on your account at the moment, this will catch up in due course.
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
Your minutes have been pro-rata'd to your next billing date.

Doh - I should have thought of that!  
Can you confirm that this is related to the International minutes? It doesn't say so, but I assume it must do?
I'm not seeing any calls on your account at the moment, this will catch up in due course.

Ok - we'll see what tomorrow brings.