cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Security

Ftrace53

Phone Security

Last week I received a automated call telling me that there has been a voicemail placed and I needed to press 1 to get it, which I did. I then was told a password. At this point I hung up, suspecting a scam. As I am new to PlusNet I do not know if this is the norm or have I been scammed in any way.

I have tried to contact PlusNet customer support but have given up on trying to speak to someone and cannot find anything on line where I can place a question. I have already placed a tweet at @plusnet but no one has comeback to me.

Can anyone in the community advise.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Phone Security

Welcome to the forums @Ftrace53 .First question - who did this call claim to be from? To actually pick up voicemails, you need to dial 1571 ,so I would suggest this call was spam.

John
Ftrace53

Many thanks for coming back to me. I am trying to find out how to place this issue with PlusNet but all communication methods are not working. No online form, no online chat, no one answering phone, no email capability.

Any ideas?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

In the current situation, your best bet is to give as much information as possible actually on the forums, where you will get a response possibly from PN, but also from experienced forum users. Just don't post any personal details, though.

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Ftrace53  The call was almost certainly spam and nothing to do with PlusNet so I don't think they will be able to offer any help or advice even when you do manage to contact them.😐

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@Ftrace53 If you have a call blocking service / device it might be worthwhile seeing if there was an incoming number available from this caller and add it to your block list.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Ftrace53 wrote:

At this point I hung up, suspecting a scam.

...is the right answer!  😁

As other posters have said, there is no point in informing Plusnet. Voicemail, if you have it, is accessed via 1571 with no password required.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)