cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number has changed

SecondTimeRound

Phone Number has changed

Right, so had the same phone number at the same addess for 15 years, it's been with Virgin, BT, Talktalk (when they were decent) and Plusnet before but for some reason when I've just switched from BT this time Plusnet have decided to change it. I tried asking why in a chat session and was told to phone the orders department, after 10 minutes on hold to the orders department I've decided to post here as I haven't got all day to spend waiting for "customer services". Can anyone explain to me why my phone number has changed? Is it likely to be related to the Plusnet advice to "not enter your phone number" when I was setting up the new account because the old phone number was still registered as a plus net number on an active account (which it isn't)?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Phone Number has changed

Second time around...

I fear that you’ve answered your own question. Your previous account will still live somewhere in the Plusnet database ... still associated with with your phone number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sounds very similar to an issue I had.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Market-Area-Anomaly/m-p/1547452#M81682

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi there.

It could be that the number hasn't been ported correctly. Please can you reply to the ticket raised here with the land line number and I'll see what we can do to get it ported over for you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jelv,

Yes I saw the similarities as well and therefore escalated the issue earlier yesterday ... now I’ve seen the ON update, I have poked the escalation again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @SecondTimeRound, thanks for responding via the ticket Dean raised yesterday.

I've updated the ticket with more information surrounding the situation, however it's essentially what you said in your first post.

Is it likely to be related to the Plusnet advice to "not enter your phone number" when I was setting up the new account because the old phone number was still registered as a plus net number on an active account?

I'm extremely disappointed to see the advice you were given and will be passing on feedback regarding the person that advised this, once I've figured out who you initially spoke to before signing up.

I've also sent an email over to our suppliers to try and get the number back from it's range holder and we're currently awaiting a further updates from them once they've received a response from the range holder of the number advising if they'll be able to let us have this number back.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet