Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Ringing...

mkay1963
Dabbler

Phone Not Ringing...

Hello,

My phones have another fault, now they're not ringing. I can ring out fine and when someone calls I see the number displayed.

But no sound, so I have a lot missed calls. I tried two phones with same result. Could it be problem at the exchange.

4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Phone Not Ringing...

It is possible it may be at the Exchange level as you say, I assume you've done this but you're not using any extensions and is your phone in the master socket with nothing else connected?

I've used 17070 before for a quiet line test (option 2), but option 1 says ringback which I assume it does that. May be worth trying. When you dial that I would try ringback (option 1), and after a quiet line line (option 2) to make sure there is no noise on your line.

Other pretty obvious things is have your tried calling your landline from your mobile?

Otherwise failing all of the above, then I would raise a fault.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it might be worth asking a neighbour if you can, to see if they have the same issue. Chances are they'll be connected to the same Exchange as you and if they don't have it, then it rules that out.

mkay1963
Dabbler

Tried 17070..

I've got a nice clear line

tried option 1

she says 'ringback test please clear down' what does that mean?

anyway  I hang up but nothing happens.

Calling from my mobile, no ringing sound, but my name comes up in calling display.

I don't have a master socket.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @mkay1963,

I have run a test on your line and  located an external fault. This has been raised  with our suppliers who have given us an estimated response time here Our faults team will keep you updated via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mkay1963
Dabbler

Thank you very much.