cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line not working

pollyfloss

Phone Line not working

I have not been able to use my landline since Wednesday evening.  It is not a phone fault as the telephone rings and when I pick it up I can hear what the person calling me is hearing - i,e, a phone ringing.  I have reported this fault on line on Wednesday and was advised I would have a response within 18 hours.  40 hours later ..... no response. Please can someone tell me how I go about addressing this issue.  I cant afford to keep ringing off my mobile to be told "sorry we are very busy you will have a 15 minute wait"  thanks
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Phone Line not working

Hi pollyfloss,
I cannot test your line at present, but I will ensure that either our faults team or I picks this up ASAP for you.
Tony.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ,
I have now tested the line and this has picked up a telephone fault where there seems to be a problem somewhere along the line. I've raised this with the supplier for you and we should have an estimated fix time back from them shortly.
There is now a support ticket raised on your account if you wish to follow the progress as the issue is investigated and resolved.
pollyfloss

Hi Adam and Tony
Phone still not working. This has been the case since Wednesday. Problem being I'm currently a witness to something and only recently had a panic box removed so a working landline is essential at the moment.
Do you know when I'm getting back on track at all?
Thanks
Paula
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It really is bad that PlusNet do not have a dedicated phone number to report phone faults.
pollyfloss

I'm in limbo at the moment very frustrating and still paying for phone line.  Undecided
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi pollyfloss,
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this gets sorted soon.
I have messaged you an update on the ticket with an ERT on it so we're a bit more in the clear now.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pollyfloss

Thank you for your message advising me that this has been placed on hold and I should hear within 72 hours of 14 October to hear. I am extremely disappointed in this.  My phone has not worked since last Wednesday and as stated before I am a witness with the police and need a phone line.  I only had a panic box removed a short time a go so need a working line in case I need to call the police.  I have three children too.  Please can you tell me if my phone will be on his week? It's disgusting and I am
Considering leaving plusnet. 
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pollyfloss,
I'm very sorry to hear the phone line still isn't working. Having looked over the fault I can see that an engineer was assigned your fault at 07:05am this morning. They will therefore be working on resolving the fault today hence the estimated resolution time being by midnight today.
The fault ticket has been placed on hold until today, however, my colleague Matty has advised that it can take up to 72 hours to receive an updates as this is the lead time for our faults team, however, providing the engineer fixes the fault today no further updates should be required as your phone should then be working. In the event that the engineer is unable to resolve the issue today we can chase this further with our suppliers to find out why the fault was not able to be fixed and how to proceed from there.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes you. Do feel free to let us know on here how it goes today.