cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line noise on phone

JRN58

Phone Line noise on phone

I had an issue with noise on my landline phone and a drop in my broadband speed.

A BT engineer came out and fixed the problem, which was a faulty socket.  He replaced it and all was well.  All of my equipment was working perfectly.

I then received an email from Plusnet Support saying that they were still registering a fault on the line and would send out an engineer to check.  An engineer came and found no evidence of a fault right back to the exchange.

My line and broadband continued to be fine: no noise on phone and broadband speeds back up to 50mbps, great!

Yesterday, i was getting really bad interference on the phone and my broadband speed has dropped again.

The phone noise seems to be intermittent, some times you can pick the phone up and hear the noise, sometimes you can't.  Bit when someone phones in it is there.

I spoke to someone who had a similar problem and it turned out that there was a fault in the line outside, which was a worn wire due to the wind blowing the cable from the telegraph pole.  I am wondering whether this could be the cause of my problem.

There can be no doubt there there is a continuing problem.  What do I do now?

John

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Phone Line noise on phone

Hi @ JRN58,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that and appreciate it's still causing an issue. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you.

It was a pleasure speaking to you this afternoon. As discussed, I've sent an update about our next steps here.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF