Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Went Live...

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Phone Line Went Live...

This means that 0800 numbers can be dialled at any time, day or night and will not be chargeable. If you are on Talk Evenings and Weekends for example, if you were to dial an 0845 number before 7pm you would be charged for it.
0845 numbers are only free and not chargeable when it is used within your Call Package.
Talk Evenings & Weekends - 19:00 - 07:00 (All day and night at the weekend)
Talk Anytime / Talk Anytime International 300 - Anytime Day or Night
brightspark1
Grafter

I sadly do not need to make many calls but did have to call Australia to tell a relative Mum had passed away. As I was on the phone for an hour it cost me approx £7. I have topped up my account by £10 and now the few calls i make will probably never see the credit drop and I assume as long as I use the phone as agreed(weeknights 7pm-7am)and weekends unlimited(and disconnect before I reach 60 minutes)my calls will be free except if I phone abroad again or it's an 0845 number? I am now again in credit. Well with your allowed £55 monthly credit added to my top up payment, its taken me to £57 in credit now...
It's a pity that when you offer such a good deal that I haven't really anyone to talk to...oh  well!
I do hope that I will always be able to stay with you and stay connected whatever I find the future throws at me financially...
At least this year is taken care of...if only I could reduce my energy bills and I am very frugal and good at cutting back but I doubt that I can reduce things any more than I am...at least this year, I am not just listening to a radio and looking at four walls. I'll worry about next year when it comes around.
Cheers!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why doesnt the brightspark check?
0845 and 0870  (not 0846 or 0871 etc) are free diring your hours

check here https://portal.plus.net/packages/extra-broadband-calls/ and hover over the ? mark
brightspark1
Grafter

Thank you...I do most of my calls at the right time but my package doesn't include international calls and it's lucky that the other calls I have made during the daytime have been 0800 numbers so far Smiley
Update:For now though I don't phone much, recent events has meant that I have had to make an international callandsome calls during 7am-7pm and in one week spent quite a bit on calls so I have changed to a packae when I can call anytime in 24 hours so that comes in on June 8th! It's only added approx another 11p a day but what I  had spent in calls(in a few days)came to approx £12 almost three months of paying the extra fee monthly...