cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Went Live...

brightspark1
Grafter

Phone Line Went Live...

In the early hours of this morning...I have calls weeknights 7pm-8am and unlimited at weekends...
Can I call Plusnet for advice if required between 8am-7pm if needed or do I have to wait until 7pm? Are such calls an exception and allowed?
If I do have to make a general call(Rare)to someone other than Plusnet between 8am-7pm to somewhere else do I pay for the calls via credit card? Am I charged a fee for doing so?
Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Phone Line Went Live...

All calls to Plusnet are included at any time
Call charges are added to the Direct Debit at the end of the billing month
brightspark1
Grafter

Thanks for that Oldjim Smiley
I don't plan to use the phone outside of the time agreed but in an emergency, well, an odd time that I might have to call out I don't mind paying by direct debit and a call here and there. I have no one to call on a regular baises...but I say that and then...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi brightspark1,
your inclusive calls are between 7pm-7am, not 7pm-8am by the way.
Jojo Smiley
brightspark1
Grafter

Thanks...I'd just spotted my error Roll_eyes :)but good to have it confirmed...
brightspark1
Grafter

Just after Mum passed away, I changed the BT account into my name, I hate having to do that as it's as if the person you loved never existed...anyhow I also decided to go ex-directory. What's the situation now that my phone line/number has been taken over by Plusnet. In theory do we still get shown in the BT directory and if someone needs to ask for a number do BT(and the other companies that handle enquires)still do that side of things?
Do I need to contact anyone again regarding this side of things?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@brightspark1
I've checked your order and you are still ex-directory.
brightspark1
Grafter

Thank you Ben,
Perhaps going ex-directory seems an awful thing to do but I really don't have more than a couple of relatives who know my number and I only have the line to access the internet. The computer and internet is about all that keeps me sane and interested in things at present...that and the radio...for now I just cannot get interested in the TV even though I purchased my first TV license and a new TV, it will have to last me for years...(well the previous one was 30 years old so its served its purpose...)In time I may get interested again or watch some TV via the net...
Again...thanks! Wink
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Smiley
brightspark1
Grafter

I didn't want to and hopefully won't have to again...but I had to try and sort out who I am going to go with for a new utility bill and to tray and save money...so I had to phone British Gas and Npower this afternoon even though I am on a phone phone plan where I can call between 7pm-7am weekdays and unlimited at weekends...
One was an 0800 number, the other was an 0845 number, Can you explain what will happen in such a situation? Luckily, EDF and NPower will phone me the next time not the other way around...I thought it easier to ask on the forum rather than try and look through all the tables of information, if that's ok...
Thank you...
James
Grafter

Hi,
All 0800 calls are free of charge.  The 0845 calls are part of your included minutes. Outside of your included minutes they are charged at 7.5p/min with a setup fee of 12.5p (one off).
http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html
brightspark1
Grafter

Do I pay or does it come out of the credit that you allow? If I pay do I phone you up and poay by credit card or do you take it out of my bank account? It will be a rare thing that I do this and once my utility bill is sorted not likely to happen again...in time I mat decide its worth paying to have access to a phone 24/7 but usually I have no one to call and for daytime calls I could consider using my mobile...
Thanks again Jameseh  ...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Oldjim
All calls to Plusnet are included at any time
Call charges are added to the Direct Debit at the end of the billing month
brightspark1
Grafter

I'll just make certain there is enough in the account to cover the cost... Wink
tomxlisa
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi,
All 0800 calls are free of charge.  The 0845 calls are part of your included minutes. Outside of your included minutes they are charged at 7.5p/min with a setup fee of 12.5p (one off).
http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html

What do you mean by (0845 calls are part of the included minutes) i just thought they was free at all times, or do you have a set amount of minutes to use on these numbers?.