cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Fault

DanandSarahB

Phone Fault

Hoping someone can help - tech support wait times are horrendous. 

Have had a line and BB fault which was logged in Dec, intermittent BB connection and very loud crackly line. Open reach came out on 13/1/17 after several tests coming back with support teams as a 'loop fault'. Open reach replaced everything from telegraph pole to house and on this date we tested line, it was clear. BB working brilliantly. Tried calling out on landline a few days later and whilst clear on our end, recipient said the line was very crackly and unbearable to have a conversation.   A few days later, phone handset now says 'check phone line' and it's dead air. We have replaced the face plate as requested through initial checks and phone does not work in that either, however at test socket with a corded phone we can manage to get a dial tone. When calling our landline number, however, its an engaged message received. Not sure where to go with this one!!

2 REPLIES 2
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Phone Fault

Unfortunately it sounds like a fault call into plusnet again.

Do inbound calls fail if you have nothing plugged in at all? That should at least give ringing to the caller. If that doesn't and you get the engaged still then sounds like a dodgy wire further back towards the exchange.

Webchat may be faster, I've used it a couple of times and got through within 5 mins, couldn't fix my problem but it got it raised to the service teams quicker at least.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Phone Fault

Welcome to the community forum @DanandSarahB, sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your phone line.

@DanandSarahB wrote:
however at test socket with a corded phone we can manage to get a dial tone.

When calling our landline number, however, its an engaged message received.

Just to clarify, when plugged in to the test socket with nothing else connected, are you saying the phone works fine for outbound calls but still does not receive inbound calls?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet