cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Fault - Crackles - Battery Contact

WWWombat
Grafter

Phone Fault - Crackles - Battery Contact

We have a fault on the phone line, getting noisy crackles, that is slightly intermittent (not there all the time), but when it is present, it is getting steadily worse. It has no impact on the FTTC connection.

Yesterday, I tried using the online phone-troubleshooter. It went to test the line, but threw up a "Whoops, something went wrong" result page, asking me to call. I, of course, retried a few times.

Today, I can see that it actually raised 4 tickets during those tests. Each time, it discovered a "T051 Battery Contact" fault, "Location: LN" and a different Openreach task reference.

The outcome appears to be "Your fault has now been raised with Openreach (who we work with on phone issues) for further investigation."

What should I expect now? An appointment? A random knock at the door? Or do I need to call CS on the phone?

Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Phone Fault - Crackles - Battery Contact

I'd expect the first ticket/Openreach task reference to relate to the fault in hand. The subsequent 3 are likely to be a Validation Fail on the systems we use, as only 1 fault report can be open at any given time.

With these kind of faults, the estimated response time is usually within 48 hours for an engineer to investigate externally.

It's doubtful they'll need access to your property, but if they do, the engineer would normally first try to give you a call. If you're not around, the fault would then be passed back to us to book an appointment.

I hope this helps clarify things.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
WWWombat
Grafter

Ta. I'll just watch for updates.

In the meantime...

You might want to point out to someone that the website troubleshooter wasn't capable of telling me anything about the result, or the action it had taken. It just sent me here:

https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/error

Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems. Yeah, it's an issue we're aware of, and looking into fixing.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button