Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Phone Credit Limit - more flexibility

6. What's the credit limit?
It depends on which call plan you take
    * Talk Evenings & Weekends has a £55 credit limit
    * Talk Anytime has a £75 credit limit
This has been asked before but nothing has been done about it.
1. Why does Talk Anytime have a higher credit limit than Talk Evenings & Weekends when clearly the total bill should be less on Anytime as you don't get charged for daytime calls.
2. Why can't we reduce the credit limit. A £75 credit limit on Talk Anytime is stupid for the vast majority of users.
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: Phone Credit Limit - more flexibility

Hi there,
1) Because Anytime customers generally have a higher spend (in that they use the phone a lot more than E+W customers)
2) You can reduce, or increase your credit limit, by request.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just checked in my account summary and there is no mechanism for reducing the credit limit only for topping it up.
Also there is nothing in the help pages about reducing it only increasing it.
Why isn't the ability to reduce it stated somewhere
This FAQ is interesting
8. What if I use my credit before the end of the month?
If you reach your credit limit, all calls (apart from emergency 999/112 and operator) will be barred and a charge of £5.76 will be added to your next bill.
Before this happens, we'll email you as you reach £15, £10 and £5 available credit.
You'll need to top-up and have at least £5 credit available before we allow calls on your line again.
You can prevent this by topping up your credit through the month using the Home Phone Control Panel.
You can top-up by £5, £10, £25, £50, £75 or £100.

With respect to Anytime Customers having higher charges this may be correct but do you seriously expect a user to be charged £75 per month for non-included calls unless they get caught in a premium rate scam or someone makes some highly expensive overseas calls.
The point is that you email users as the available credit limit reduces to £15 so a lower limit wouldn't really be a problem.
Mand
Grafter

Compare this with the other thread on this board asking for the limit to be abolished. You can't please everyone unfortunately.
We can, however, adjust the credit limit according to the customers requirements, IMO you can't get more flexible than that.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

My sister seems to have had her credit limit decreased to £0 and been cut off. Please see my other posting. Cry
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Also there is nothing in the help pages about reducing it only increasing it.
Why isn't the ability to reduce it stated somewhere

This my hobby horse - lack of any information about it on the :Plusnet website - why isn't there