Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Charges Question

waynemorrell
Grafter

Phone Charges Question

Hi there,
I was looking at the call charges for Home Phone at http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html and have a couple of questions.
1) Where can I find what abbreviations such as pn17 refer to ? is there a list somewhere ?
2) Why is the call charge for Portugal +351 so different to calls to Madeira, which is part of Portugal +351291 ?
other providers treat them as the same destination.
Thanks,
Regards,
Wayne
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Phone Charges Question

Hi Wayne,
We will be billed differently for calls to the two different destinations hence the differences in cost.
Regarding the different types of call, I tend to use the BT list for clarification.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_SpecialNos.pdf
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

The Madeira rate does seem weird. By way of comparison, today I called a hotel in Funchal Madeira from the UK  using Skype and also Vonage. The metered cost of both calls were less than 2p (£0.02) a minute. Mainland Portugal is the same rate.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm quite happy to take a look at the wholesale call costs for Spain / Madeira and put through a request that they be aligned, if that's appropriate. This may take a few days and I'll be able to report back general findings.
waynemorrell
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Wayne,
We will be billed differently for calls to the two different destinations hence the differences in cost.
Regarding the different types of call, I tend to use the BT list for clarification.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_SpecialNos.pdf

Thanks for the link for the different types of call. 
Regarding Madeira, Can't understand why PN is billed differently when its the same county, but I see it is being looked into.
Regards.
Wayne
waynemorrell
Grafter

Quote from: Ben

I'm quite happy to take a look at the wholesale call costs for Spain / Madeira and put through a request that they be aligned, if that's appropriate. This may take a few days and I'll be able to report back general findings.

Hi,
Just to point out it's Portugal not Spain.
Regards,
Wayne
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Wayne,
Sorry for the delayed reply, I'll give Ben a nudge and we'll get back to you ASAP
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've done some checking and the wholesale costs of these calls is different, hence the difference in costs charged to customers. However, the difference in customer cost is larger than I would expect, based on the wholesale cost. I've forwarded my findings to my colleagues who make the decisions on things like call costs so that they can consider this as part of the next price refresh but please don't expect any changes soon as these projects are specced and planned many months before delivery.