cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Charges Changing 1st Jan

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Phone Charges Changing 1st Jan

From January 1st we will be applying the new VAT rate to our homephone products, at the same time line rental will be changing to £11.25. Some call tariffs will also be affected. See our new tariff guide for details (effective from 01/01/10). All packages will continue to include evening and weekend local, national, 0870/0845 and international calls. To receive these features anytime and get 25% discount on mobile calls choose our Talk Anytime plan.
13 REPLIES 13
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Phone Charges Changing 1st Jan

I am on the Home Phone anytime  - the legacy 240 package and that note on my account seems to be for the current talk any time packages.  looked at the FAQ archive for my package but it is only updated to May 09, no mention of the 0870 free calls.
Also the above note link takes you to a PDF and the only notes re the 0845 and 0870 are to charges for them, no indication that they are free for less than 59 minutes.
Will I, or should I be getting an e-mail about the changes, as hiding them on the members centre, Phone Call, view - before you see it is diabolical
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pierre,
There is an email send going out - one of the batches was sent last night, the others will be sent over the next few days so you'll definitely get one.
EDIT: The only change to legacy products is the VAT adjustment.
EDIT 2: Apologies, that's incorrect. The emails should be round this afternoon with further details. Sorry Pierre.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Just received the email.    Pleased to see that the VAT increase is not being passed on to the broadband products.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The VAT increase is being passed on for Legacy BB customers. An E&W's customer e-mail was sent Friday teatime, still not 30 days notice to !st Jan.although I suppose as my billing date is the middle of the month as long as there's no retrospective charges that'll be OK. The e-mail was mainly a sales push for Talk Anytime with the VAT stuff and price increases being a small feature and most of them via a link instead of in the e-mail. The joke is the Home Phone  FAQ referred is the current FAQ with the old Line Rental Price Roll_eyes
If they (PN) weren't so wrapped up in Sales push & Speak then maybe they'd get the pages right Angry
Mand
Grafter

The link doesn't go to this page?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the bottom link for the FAQ did, but the tariff took me to a Talk anytime page
We're writing to let you know that the government is increasing VAT on 1st January 2010 from 15% back to 17.5%. We're pleased to advise that we won't be passing the VAT increase on to you for your broadband service, so the price of your Free-Online Value account will be unaffected.
Did you know that you could upgrade to one of our new Home Phone services and get more included calls? Our Talk Evenings & Weekends service includes calls to 0845 numbers as well as 0870, you get inclusive calls to our support team, you can get voicemail for no extra charge, and you even get 300 international minutes to our 20 top destinations too*. You can upgrade at the Member Centre:
http://www.plus.net/go.html/upgrade_my_phone
We're updating our charge for line rental to £11.25 a month from January, which covers the higher VAT rate. Some other call prices are changing too, so we've put together a new call pricing guide for easy reference:
http://www.plus.net/go.html/new_tariff
Finally, we're taking this opportunity to make our terms and conditions easier to understand. To find out more, and for more information on the changes to your Home Phone service, have a read of our FAQ:
http://www.plus.net/go.html/vat_faq
Kind regards,
Mand
Grafter

The call rates are the same for all packages from Jan 1st.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Legacy Anytime 240 customers are currently charged for calls to 0845 numbers. Are you saying that from January 1st they will be free (or at least set against the monthly allowance)?
Mand
Grafter

No, 0845 calls will be charged at the chargeable rate published on the tariff page (5.25ppm).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that is one of the things I was trying to find from the recent E-mail.the only evidencs is the e-mail from September,  the link on the recent takes me to an archive T&C that is dated May 09, before the free 0870 came in.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Mand
The link doesn't go to this page?

I did say the "Home Phone FAQ" referred (though that should have been FAQs - plural), not the "have a read of our FAQ".
The e-mail reference is E_200912vat_3 & the link  is in the * note at the bottom of the e-mail - Home Phone FAQs.
In my view, once you have announced changes to a product, all relevant links should go to the new or updated pages which would have links or references to old prices or features.
In the past, a new customer thinking about signing up would continue to see information on the "Bundles" page referring to current prices only, not being aware of impending changes - although this time I see you've covered yourselves with the big yellow information box at the top of the page.
However, most users will not have time to go through every bit of information in one go, and will go back to check different things at different times, and with so many links not going to the latest information, confusion can reign.
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, I thought that text box was across all pages which contain pricing info, I'm getting this added to the ones that don't.
Mand
Grafter

Now added to all the relevant help pages.