cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Activation Today - thanks but .....

Apprentice
Grafter

Phone Activation Today - thanks but .....

I moved from madasafish to Plusnet on October 10th, paid for BB package and also moved phone and line rental to Plusnet from the previous supplier and paid the PN LRS as well, all by card over the phone to the COT.
All seems to have gone well, thanks PN, long may it last,  BB activated on October 18th (with help from Matt Taylor....thanks) and phone activated today November 1st.
I have been notified of these activations both by email and text message.  Smiley
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to find a link in the member centre with regard to LRS, I've checked the forum and found plenty of remarks about this over the last 12 months.
In a reply made by Kelly to a post  (15/10/2012, 15:39 ) with regard to LRS >
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108436.msg926266.html#msg926266
A link to the portal is given but where can this link actually be found when signed into the member centre/portal Huh
Anyway using that link I notice that the LRS is due to expire on October 17th 2014 but the line was only taken over/activated by PN so shouldn't the LRS expire on October 31st 2014, or has this something to do when the activation date of BB occurs with regard to ALL products put on that date for billing per month, although LRS is 12 months up front.
I await my first bill hoping it's clear and easy to follow [cough] because as as it stands PN owe me/need to refund me money at that time both with regard to BB and LRS, which is OK as long as there are no cock ups with billing etc.

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Phone Activation Today - thanks but .....

Found it  Grin Grin
Starting here http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/
Then Here is the Legal bit
Then click on Home Phone FAQ's which gets you here http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml?source=legals
Question 1 answer gives a link to http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/ which takes you to that page once you select the Existing Customer Option
Clear as mud isn't it  Crazy Crazy Crazy
Who was the idiot who designed it that way
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks Jim you must have the patience of a Saint to work around all those links to find it , why do PN not have a direct link in the Home Phone Control Panel as it would be of benefit to their home phone customers.
Still don't follow why, for new customers, the LRS renewal date isn't 12 months on from the phone activation date, other than there is a refund so every product refers back to the broadband activation date for billing dates both monthly and annually (LRS)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I agree with you; since calls and line rental go together I would expect you to start paying line rental to Plusnet from today, 1st November. Since broadband was moved first I'd expect your billing date (for broadband and phone) to be the day broadband was activated - 18th of each month starting 18th October.
For line rental up to next billing date (18th November) is a part month so I would have expected Plusnet to make a pro-rata monthly charge for line rental up to 17th November, then start LRS from 18th November with 17th November 2014 as its expiry date.
Alternatively Plusnet could make a pro rata refund on LRS from 18th to 31st October, and if they do this should appear as a discount on your next bill. Perhaps that's how it is being done. Do closed tickets/service notices in the Member Centre https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search (select a date range and click on Go) give any clues?
David
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks for the link spraxyt, it took a while to read all the tickets that were there. Shocked
It will be interesting to read the first monthly billing I hope it is clear and concise and PN staff don't forget to add any refunds due.
The attached screen capture shows an explanation of sort
s  Undecided
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks for posting that image. What it says there ties in with the method in my last paragraph, ie a discount should be added to your 18th November bill. The billing system should do this automatically so no staff involvement (unless it goes wrong - though I wouldn't expect it to).
It might be helpful to mention that it takes until mid morning on billing day for the billing processes to complete and your bill will probably show as 'partly paid' initially - using the discount - until the DD payment is received and confirmed. This will be several days after billing date.
Thought I'd mention this in case MAAF billing which you are used to did things differently. Smiley
David
Apprentice
Grafter

Thought I'd mention this in case MAAF billing which you are used to did things differently.

It was a bit confusing at times until you got used to the way of it ....... after a few months/years had passed by  Grin