cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People complaining about a terrible noise on my phone when they call me or I call them.

FIXED
Katie222
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: People complaining about a terrible noise on my phone when they call me or I call them.

Thanks Chris. We've had 3-4 calls today without a problem. I will soon report back if we do get another of the noisy line complaints, but fingers crossed that all is OK.

Katie

Katie222
Grafter

Re: People complaining about a terrible noise on my phone when they call me or I call them.

No more complaints so it seems as though we are all fixed now. Thanks for help from everyone.

Katie

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Fantastic news, happy to hear that Katie

Thanks for letting us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf,

So what do the engineering notes report please?  Was the fault as suggested by @198kHz one requiring TSO resolution?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The engineer notes state:

"The test passed with no noise detected, with the fault located to the exchange. The fault was fixed by re-jumpering/changing LIC."

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

From https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/orderandfaulttracker/faulthandling/fa...

LIC

The equipment at the exchange unique to each PSTN line

So, PN's customer is moved to a different part of the exchange, and is therefore no longer affected by the actual transmission fault, which, pound to a penny, still exists,

Still, all the boxes are ticked, so that's all right then. Roll_eyes

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Seems that there's more than one solution to a problem Wink

At least it's fixed for the OP.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Katie222
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

Seems that there's more than one solution to a problem Wink

At least it's fixed for the OP.

.............and the OP is very happy that it is fixed now. It was a bit of a pain getting the proof via video, that indeed there was a noise on the line, but the engineer did accept the evidence, did the tests he was obliged to carry out on the line and then go off and fix the problem. He called back to tell me what he had done and all has been been well since then.

Katie

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear of the good customer service you've received from the engineer.

If you have time, I'd take a few moments to leave some feedback for him here: www.openreach.co.uk/thankyou

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet