cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painfully slow Phone / BBand Activation

tintin192

Painfully slow Phone / BBand Activation

I placed an order for Phone and BB on the 27th April with an estimate for connection of the 18th May.
How on earth can this be so slow?
To add salt to the wound, PN claim BB will take 5-7 days after this!!!
The crazy thing is that I already have a connected line with a functional ADSL (but not internet) connection.
Come on guys - you only need to flick a switch somewhere, not lay the line between my house and the exchange!!!
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Painfully slow Phone / BBand Activation

welcome to the Forum
the main problem is BT,
PN buy a service from BT Wholesale as do virtually all other ISP's
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

tintin192 ,
I'm sorry to hear that things seem to have taken a while with your installation. However I can see that some engineering work was needed and whilst the timescales related to this were long it is in line with the expectations us and our suppliers are trying to set at the moment.
I can see that your broadband is due to go live on Friday so I've set myself a reminder to go back to your account and check the order.
If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime please do give me a shout.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tintin192

It's interesting really. You guys (and everyone else) have told me that 'some engineering work was needed'.
When we moved into the house, there was a busy tone coming from the line. In addition, I was able to use my old Talk Talk broadband details to get the internet through the line.
What does this mean? It means that the line was working fine.
Today - the Openreach engineer came around to connect the landline, carried out some tests, but basically told me that the line was fine and that he didn't need to be at my house, and that activation could have happened at the local exchange.
Now your system says that you're 'carrying out line tests' ahead of connecting the Broadband - What tests! The line works fine - just turn the broadband on!
All of this is very slow, and seemingly un-necessary.  If it *is* necessary, you're not doing a great job of explaining why it is. I've had conversations with about 8 people now, (not all from PN) - each one of them has given me different reasons as to why my seemingly 'non-functional' line should take so long to connect and to get BB on. Each time, the person seems to have plucked a reason out of thin air
It's all a bit reminiscent of Eastern Europe. Do I have to bribe someone 😉
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
Yes, we were advised by our suppliers to book and appointment here, so we're really not trying to mislead you.
What does this mean? It means that the line was working fine.
No, it most likely means that the previous tennant had an LLU service with Talktalk.
Bear with me as I will need to take a look at your order to see what's happening with that. Speak soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Right,
With regards to what I said about the previous tenant I was correct, this does mean orders are needed to switch the service to us, as we do not provide LLU services sometimes engineer visits are needed. I'm sorry that between us and our suppliers this was not identified correctly.
As we mentioned to you last week in these circumstances we can only order broadband when the order for the phone service has completed. I'm glad to advise that was done yesterday and the broadband is due on the 25th within the usual broadband lead times.
I've set a reminder for me to check your account on the 25th to check it for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tintin192

Thanks
*Already* the broadband activation date seems to have slipped to the 26th!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tintin192,
I've just checked your account and the order completed this morning, so I've activated it for you - should be all good to go Smiley
Please let us know if there's any problems and we'll get them investigated for you.
Moncrieffe500
Grafter

TinTin,
i must have been one of the lucky ones, i too moved house and signed up for phone abd broadband, i signed up at night and had my new phone number 20 minutes later by txt message the next morning my phone line went live, only 5 working days after that my broadband went live, wich was great  Smiley ive not had a problem yet and that was 3 weeks ago now