cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for line rental saver but now being charged twice a month - how do I escalate

FIXED
Webman025
Fixes: 1

Paid for line rental saver but now being charged twice a month - how do I escalate

Hi There,

I paid for a line rental saver on the 14th of July and signed a 24 month contract at the same time for broadband fibre extra.

September was the first month for my new line rental saver and was sent an email telling me what would come out my account which included charging again for a monthly line rental saver at £19.99 on top of line rental saver.

I phoned on the 10th to be told the rep can’t see the line rental saver credited to account hence being charged twice and nothing could be done to stop it coming out my account. This could happen when plusnet returned the payment to me (which not the case as I went though my credit card details and I would also notice just under £200.00 coming back to my credit card) or billing have not credited to my account. A ticket was opened on the 10th and I was told they would contact me with 72 hours.

I still had no contact on the 16th and again phoned and explained my problem. The rep said they would issue a refund for the money wrongly coming into my account. I said I need to know the line rental I paid for is credited to my account or this will just happen again. I was told all they could was open another ticket with billing to come back to me.

I now have two tickets with this issue and no response if it’s fixed. Can kindly ask someone to tell me how to escalate this as tickets keep getting opened and I get no response or help. I am getting rather fed up that I have paid just under £200 pounds and getting charged a line rental of £19.99 on top of this. I’m really rather disappointed with plusnet that you charged me twice and don’t seem to be able to fix it. I have Sky TV and may try their offering for broadband and encourage my family members to do the same I have told them about this mess which I am out of pocket and keep having to phone plusnet as nothing is getting done. I’m with plusnet for customer service but currently feel this is lacking and little perplexed how you can loose my payment of just under £200.00.

If someone can tell me if you have had this problem and how you got it fixed that would be great and also how I can escalate it as tickets are piling up but no one is comIng back to me to tell me it’s fixed.

Many Thanks!
Greig

9 REPLIES 9
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Paid for line rental saver but now being charged twice a month - how do I escalate

@We77FjkNvX Have you consulted your CC provider? Dave
daveplus
Pro

Re: Paid for line rental saver but now being charged twice a month - how do I escalate

PS I received this as a new Question when I paid for my LRS renewal. Did you get such confirmations?

"Service Notification The customer was mailed the following message to address(es) ..: Subject: Line Rental Saver - confirmation of your order We've taken your payment, thanks for choosing Line Rental Saver Here's confirmation of your order Your Line Rental Saver payment of £209.88 for 12 months line rental paid in advance has been received."

Webman025

Hi Dave, that’s for trying to help out. I organised my new contract and plusnet customer rep sent me a link to pay line rental saver for it using my credit card as they can’t take details over the phone. I completed it and got what you have shared which I have shared what I got also below. I always pay for a line rental saver so I did not need to be be told it was active as it starts after the old stops. I was told that billing need to assign my payment to my account and will be back in contact with me within 72 hours. This did not happen and phoned again on 16th and another ticket was opened on top of the other one but no one comes back to tell me it’s fixed. Tickets keep getting opened but no one from billing confirms it’s fixed. I want to know how I can escalate the problem. Again thanks for any help you can give. Greig

Your Line Rental Saver payment of £197.88 for 12 months line rental paid in advance has been received.

Please note: you'll continue to pay for your call plan and any call features or chargeable calls on your monthly bill.

Your contract with Plusnet

We'll contact you again to let you know when your service is activated, and your Line Rental Saver's 12 month period will commence on this date.

If your service is already activated, your Line Rental Saver's 12 month period will commence when your next payment for line rental is due (so if you pay for your line rental on a monthly basis this will be the date of your next bill, or if you already pay for line rental via Line Rental Saver, this will be when your current Line Rental Saver's 12 month period ends).
daveplus
Pro

Hi Grieg

Lodge a complaint at https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ and keep phoning.

HTH

Dave

ps Also. do contact your credit card company as they should be involved if the service you have paid for has not been delivered. See

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-claim-on-my-credit-card-when-something-goes-wro...

Webman025

Hi Dave,

Really appreciate your help on this and will use the info you gave me. Really disappointed with plusnet loosing my payment for line rental saver and charging me again on a monthly basis. They also don’t seem to resolve tickets with the time frame they gave me.

Again cheers, have a nice evening and stay safe!

Greig

gregshaw
Rising Star

Feel your pain!

I've had a problem with "Line Rental Saver" in the past, in fact this year I decided that it was easier not to bother as the saving was not worth the grief it caused me.

I found the "Live Chat" function easiest. What I can say is that the billing is sorted out once each month. On your next billing day, check the account and hopefully you will find that it has been corrected and your account credited with the excess payment you made. The call centre/live chat staff can only log your complaint, then you have to wait for the billing dept. to act. This happens once a month when your bill is due.

Webman025

Hi gregshaw,

Thanks for your input I will indeed take into account.

It’s funny you saying not to bother with the line rental saver as I was starting think the same and just pay the extra than go though this.

Again many thanks for your reply, stay safe.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@gregshaw 

Unfortunately Live Chat is no longer available despite some links still existing on Plusnet's we pages

Webman025

Fix

Ah ok, I will have to phone them.

Many thanks  for your input - Really appreciate it.