cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package options due to October changes

Richchad
Rising Star

Package options due to October changes

Firstly, not sure if this is the correct forum to post in...
I am currently on PN Extra with no phone at £11.49 a month, which according to the email received yesterday will increase by £1.50 to £12.99 unless I switch my home phone to PN.
I am tempted to move away from PN because of this but have taken a look at the packages offered and perhaps someone can answer the following..
If I select Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted): Estimated Speed: 14Mb at £9.99, will this be at the same speed I am getting now and possible more than the 60GB I get now?
Is the £9.99 price for 1 year only and to automatically increase to £14.99 the following year as I have read elsewhere?
I would choose the Anytime phone option at £5 with the line rental saver as this seems cheaper than BTs line saver at the moment, however when I select to change my product there isn't any option to choose Line saver, it only shows line rental at £14.50 a month?
Also what does a PN Home Phone statement look like, does it display all calls, location, duration etc, and I assume they are monthly?
7 REPLIES 7
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Package options due to October changes

No reason for your speed to change, unlimited means you can use more than the 60GB you get now.
Where did you read about an increase to £14.99?  AFAIK it's £9.99 and will remain £9.99 unless any price change is announced.
You can only get Line Rental Saver after your telephone service is activated.
(Online only) statement shows all (outgoing) calls, number called, time of call and duration (and cost for non-inclusive calls), you can also see 'recent calls' (calls in the last 24 hrs (approx) don't show).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Richchad
Rising Star

Many thanks for your reply w23, most helpful.
I read about the increase in a PN review a while ago, can't remember which one but it could have been out of date.
So to get Line Saver does it require a phone call or can I do it online and is it only after phone is activated or after product change requested?
Thanks.
Razer
Grafter

I really don't see why PN can't give LRS before getting the phone service actually activated. They did with me when I signed up. Unless it has (strangely) anything to do with a line not currently in use.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It always used to be after activation but definitely worth calling to ask especially if they manged to do it for Razer (thanks for mentioning that btw).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
francoise-hardy
Grafter

Hello. Like you, I am (more than) tempted to move away!
I was also told that Line Rental Saver could be activated only after first months payment.
Also, I was told that weekend calls only option was £1.50 pm EXTRA, not included as per website offer.
I think it is because, like you  I am existing broadband only customer. If I was you, I would definitely confirm that £5 is all you pay for ANYTIME option.
Please see my post just now about t-moile and 18185.
good luck!
fh
NedLudd
Grafter

Hmmm. This all sounds a bit iffy to me.
Sales accepted my payment for LRS as I was signing up with them last year! That was before I was physically switched over from Sky to Plusnet Fibre.
It seemed the normal procedure to me.
Geoff,
York.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: francoise
I was also told that Line Rental Saver could be activated only after first months payment.
Also, I was told that weekend calls only option was £1.50 pm EXTRA, not included as per website offer.

Since broadband is already active (in your case) if phone is transferred in the first payment will be for a part month (pro-rata) to align the billing dates. If that was taken from the LRS payment you would end up getting less than 12 months from the LRS payment. Starting it on the first billing date after phone transfer ensures LRS covers a full 12 months.
On the website only paying the full line rental includes weekend calls. That applies also if the phone service is transferred in. If the LRS option is taken as a new or existing customer then the payment covers line rental only (no calls). The £1.50 per month additional payment is the calls plan price to add evening and weekend calls with LRS (or evening calls without LRS). See attached screen snip from the Home Phone FAQ
David