Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTN Cease

kei073

PSTN Cease

Hi
Recently moved to Plusnet and just received an email:
"A reminder about moving your Home Phone from Plusnet
This is a reminder about your recent request to move your phone line and call plan to another company.
We're really sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. We're treating this as a request to end your telephone service agreement with us."
Due to complete on 19/12/2013.
My phone line with my previous provider is due to end then.
I have not requested to cancel Plusnet.
Wondering if I need to cancel the cancellation or if its just referring to the old service?
Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: PSTN Cease

Hi there,
As we're transferring the phone service over your current line provider should not need to cease the service at all. I'd advise contacting them urgently to get them to cancel any "cease orders" that have been placed.
Please keep us posted as to how you get on with this as we'd need to resubmit the order to transfer the line to us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: kei073
"A reminder about moving your Home Phone from Plusnet
This is a reminder about your recent request to move your phone line and call plan to another company.
We're really sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. We're treating this as a request to end your telephone service agreement with us."

Adam - I suggest a re-read of the OP's message!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi pwatson,
Our systems sent that notification as the cease came through as we were trying to transfer the phone service over, that request was rejected hence the service is still with the previous provider in spite of this. I totally understand how that could seem confusing though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK, so having spoken to Adam this is actually pretty odd, we're just going double check but from an initial look it seems that:
- The phone order to move to us hasn't yet completed
- The current provider has placed a cease order
- If this completes this will cut off the broadband as well as the phone.
I didn't think that the current provider would be able to place a cease order whilst our order was going through though.
Let me have a dig.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So yeah, the phone line is not with us at the moment and the current provider has requested that it's ceased. They'll need to cancel that cease and then we can migrate the phone line in to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star

All as clear as mud then and the email the OP received is completely inaccurate, containing no useful info other than hinting that something is amiss  Wink
Now, if the email had said:
We have been unable to move your home phone service to Plusnet due to a pending cease on the line

it may have been a bit more useful!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm sure I've seen another one like this recently ? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112974.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kei073

So I just have to wait and hope the right thing gets cancelled?
Assuming it does, is there going to be much downtime to transfer the phone line?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No
You should phone your current phone provider and tell them to cancel the cease and explain why
kei073

Nope, its too late to cancel the cease.
So what happens now when it goes through?
kei073

Quote from: MisterW
I'm sure I've seen another one like this recently ? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112974.0.html
Read this properly now, and yeah, pretty much exactly the same problem.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

So what happens now when it goes through?
- The phone order to move to us hasn't yet completed
- The current provider has placed a cease order
- If this completes this will cut off the broadband as well as the phone.
PlusNet will have to reprovision the phone and broadband. Assuming that your current provider WAS informed of the transfer, which it looks like they were ( maybe Chris can confirm? ) then I'd call them again, make it clear that they have placed the cease in error and that if they don't cancel it immediately, that you will be reporting them to OfCom and holding them responsible for any charges and inconvenience ( for the time you will be without phone & bb ) you incur.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: kei073
Due to complete on 19/12/2013.
My phone line with my previous provider is due to end then.

Perhaps the OP cancelled the service from the previous provider rather than letting that hapening naturally when the line transferred?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Possibly? I'd assumed that date was the one advised by PlsuNet when the transfer should complete.