cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL Which Free Calling Feature Is Most Important To You?

grudkin
Grafter

POLL Which Free Calling Feature Is Most Important To You?

Many customers are unhappy at having to pay for Call ID when they have no use for FREE Voice mail.
Would you prefer that you where given the choice to CHOOSE ONE FREE FEATURE instead of having FREE VOICE MAIL FORCED UPON YOU?
Here is Your chance to show the powers that be at PlusNet what YOU want!
This Poll will end after 90 Days.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  All caps removed from title ]  and spelling corrected   Grin
[color=blue]Thanks Oldjim Wink I was going to ask for a Moderator to do that, Maybe you could make it a sticky too? Cheesy
38 REPLIES 38
mal0z
Grafter

Re: WHICH FREE CALLING FEATURE IS MOST INPOTANT YOU YOU

Well I voted for Choose your own, but I would choose caller ID, as it would help screen out unwanted calls.
Friends and family rarely phone me on the landline. They either phone or text the mobile, and then we arrange a time in evening or weekend to make use of "free" calls.
I'm sure if PN had asked PUG - many of us would have made the same suggestion of give people a choice.
{edit for spelling mistake !
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: WHICH FREE CALLING FEATURE IS MOST INPOTANT YOU YOU

Quote from: mal0z
Well I voted for Choose your own, but I would choose caller ID,

Same here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Which Free Calling Feature Is Most Important To You

Regardng sticky - I don't think that will be necessary as this poll should generate a lot of interest and stay near the top - I voted for caller ID by the way
grudkin
Grafter

Not looking good for the FREE Voice Mail so far is it,
Where are all the customers that supposedley kept requesting FREE Voice Mail?
Or is that just a BT Marketing Ploy!
Roll_eyes
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Back on topic, I would choose Caller Display from the two, but have voted for Choose your own, because it would be good marketing (unlike what they've done!) and I might want to 'try' something else even.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

BT offer me free voice mail - which is handy if I forget to put the answer machine on.
But I wouldn't pay money for it.
The free feature I would choose would be free line rental.  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mal0z
Grafter

Well the day may come when the only reason we need a landline / optical fibre  is for broadband,
so I wonder who will be the first to offer the line for ADSL or it's successor technology but without telephony ?.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I've gone for Caller ID. Any phone I've ever had has had its own answer phone built in that is much better than 1571.  Probably the majority of phones now have Caller ID facilities now, which is only any use if it is enabled at the Service Provider.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Not applicable

I believe that there should be a lower line rental and no calling features, then folk can choose their own and pay for them accordingly.
This might stop the nuisance of 1571 and encourage people to use their own answerphone which does not butt in with a chargeable call when the telephone is engaged.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: grudkin
Where are all the customers that supposedley kept requesting FREE Voice Mail?
Or is that just a BT Marketing Ploy!
Roll_eyes

Originally raised as PUGIT 357 back in August 2007  - The residual bits (Caller Display and voicemail )  were extracted into PUGIT 415 in May 2008 when the majority of the original issues were cleared.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since the vote was for both Caller ID and Voicemail I don't see how this can explain the "the customers wanted free voice mail " statement
Pugit 357
To follow on from the recently announced scrapping of the 1000 minute 'fair use' cap currently applied to the Anytime+ product  would it be sensible to remove the £20 'barrier' cancellation charge, and the bundling of Voicemail and Caller Display for free!"
Pugit 415
A request to add the bundling of  free Voicemail and Caller Display similar to the Metronet Home Phone package.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I should have added a specific link to the 'comment' forum.  The addition of Voicemail and CLI was requested as part of User feedback by XPcomputers
(long before he became a member of PUG  :D)
Quite an old thread now and has not been maintained for some time.  Embarrassed
M

Be3G
Grafter

Of course more people want caller display, that's why it's chargeable - that way Plusnet can make money from it. Roll_eyes
(I voted for caller display too FWIW.)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Grin
It should be a moral responsibilty for Caller Display to be provided free by all Telcos.
Edit: remove remark, applicable to split thread.