cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged more than £50 for International Call when signed up to Anytime International 300

FIXED
captainmain72

Overcharged more than £50 for International Call when signed up to Anytime International 300

Hello,

I have been overcharged more than £50 when making a call to South Korea even though I spoke for less than 60 minutes.

I checked with Plusnet Helpline who confirmed with me that South Korea was included in the list of countries exempt from charges with Anytime International 300 and that I would need to phone less than 60 minutes. My call was only 53 minutes.

Also if I am going to be charged due to Plusnet's error,  being charged around £1.00 a minute is a bit steep. 

I hope to receive a refund immediately for this, once I can actually get through to the helpline.

8 REPLIES 8
captainmain72

Hello,

I have been overcharged more than £50 when making a call to South Korea even though I spoke for less than 60 minutes.

I checked with Plusnet Helpline who confirmed with me that South Korea was included in the list of countries exempt from charges with Anytime International 300 and that I would need to phone less than 60 minutes. My call was only 53 minutes.

Also if I am going to be charged due to Plusnet's error,  being charged around £1.00 a minute is a bit steep. 

I hope to receive a refund immediately for this once I can actually get through to the helpline

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Overcharged more than £50 for International Call when signed up to Anytime International 300

Moderators Note

Double posts moved and merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Overcharged more than £50 for International Call when signed up to Anytime International 300

@captainmain72 

Have you checked that you have not exceeded 300 minutes, including this call, in the billing month?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

captainmain72

Yes. This was my first International call and I only used 53 minutes

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@captainmain72 

This begs the question whether this add on has been properly applied to your account.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

captainmain72

Yes. I will be contacting the customer service for this to be resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @captainmain72 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I've looked into this for you and I can see the call you made was to a South Korean mobile number.

I'm afraid that calls to a mobile phone in the USA and Canada are the only countries which would be inclusive of your call plan: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime-international-discounted-internat...

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Ouch !!!