cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged after new contract

Pumpernickel
Hooked

Overcharged after new contract

My contract was renewed as it was due to run out yesterday.  I phoned up to arrange this and was told I would pay in total £1 a month more compared to last year.  However I seem to have been renewed on the maximum terms.  There is no discount showing for broadband to bring it down to a similar rate to what I paid last year (I accepted in wuold be £1 pm more than last year) and i was also told that as I had requested to pay annual rental for the line in advance and the system was not letting the call centre person do that, that I would get a discount on line rental so that I would pay monthly with a £2.50 discount so that the payment would be the same over 12 months as if I had the advance payment. 

Help please

5 REPLIES 5
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Overcharged after new contract

Where are you looking for the discount information?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Pumpernickel,

I'm sorry to hear that your discounts have not been applied, it does sound like an oversight so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention..

I have looked into this and responded here.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Pumpernickel
Hooked

i am looking at my phone bill

Pumpernickel
Hooked

The real mystery is why we have to go through this rigmarole every year.  Look out for the ONE, yes one only, email from Plusnet warning my contract is about to expire.  Must remember to do it before 24 Jan.  Two weeks later, prompted only by my memory, not from any further reminder from Plusnet, oh MG, only a  day or two to go.  Phone up.  Promised all will be sorted out.  Note to self, check the bill when it comes through. That's just Plusnet, then all through the year repeat ad infinitum with home insurance, car insurance, car breadown insurance,  boiler breadown insurance, plumbing insurance, domestic appliance insurance, computer insurance. They all put whacking increases on, then back down only if you are prepared to go through this process what seems like several times a month.   So thanks for putting it right, but please take some of the above to heart. 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Pumpernickel,

Fair comments, thanks for your feedback there.

Although this appears to have been a simple error, I'm glad that you brought it to our attention so promptly.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF