cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls have been barred because there is plusnet issue

BRABUS
Grafter

Outgoing calls have been barred because there is plusnet issue

I have just received an e-mail from Plus Net to say that my outgoing calls have been blocked.  I immediately rang up to see why only to be told I haven't paid the bill.
When I told the individual that I pay by direct debit so Plus Net have to request the payment the tone of the call changed.  Apparently the bill should have been paid by direct debit on 20th but can take up to 5 days to clear.  The chap I spoke to has lifted the bar but this raises a possibly serious issue.  My wife is quit badly disabled and relies on that house phone to contact people in an emergency (I dont mean 999) so she would have not ben able to contact anyone if anything had gone wrong  Angry

So can someone from Plus Net tell me why this is happening, the PN service agent told me this is a common problem at the minute....if so why are you penalising customers and potentially putting some at risk for something that is not our fault????Huh
4 REPLIES 4
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Outgoing calls have been barred because there is plusnet issue

Hang on a minute I have paid my line rental in advance and so even more reason to ask why the heck you banned outgoing calls????????????????

Another point is that historically you take the money from my account on 24th 25th or 26th.  Today is only 24th so why have you done this???????
Angry Angry Angry Angry
BRABUS
Grafter

Oh and while I am ranting....it is Ok for PN to repeatedly not allocate me the correct referal money and I have to chase and chase and chase and a couple of months later I still havent had it yet you hit people stright away.

Its hardly a 2 way street is it, play fair and pull your finger out.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Brabus,
the PN service agent told me this is a common problem at the minute

I'm not sure why you were told that to be honest that comment is a surprise to me.
I'm sorry to hear about this all the same, call barring is usually applied in certain circumstances relating to failed billing (that could relate to phone and broadband billing) or if the phone credit limit has been exceeded.
I can see that the restrictions have been lifted now which is good. I'll take some time to look at this again tomorrow to dig a bit deeper as to why it may have been applied in the fist instance.
With regards to referrals I can see that a ticket is open regarding this so IMHO that seems to be in hand.
Adam

EDIT:
Sorry for the delayed response as I'm aware I said I'd get back to you. I've looked into this with a colleague and we believe the issue was caused by human error so please accept our apologies for that. Feedback is being passed on to the person concerned.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Obviously didn't get fixed properly  Roll_eyes  -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108565.0.html