cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering for new home and line.

grexy
Dabbler

Ordering for new home and line.

My Mum and Dad are moving home and have broadband and phone with BT at the moment. They have offered to move there Broadband and phone, and keep there number over to the new house.
Can we order broadband and home phone in this new address and keep the current number they have now? The line is installed in house, but not been used/connected for a few months.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ordering for new home and line.

Hi there,
Yes, by all means we can move the service. To be honest neither us or BT could 100% guarantee keeping the same number, however if the line is connected to the same exchange as before then it shouldn't be an issue and it's something I can check for you if you like.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grexy
Dabbler

they are moving only just up the road so still same exchange.
So do we place a order for phone and broadband before we move or once we have moved? How's best to do it? And is there a cost to move a service?
Will it make a difference that the line that we are moving to has been disconnected for over 6 months, maybe a year?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

they are moving only just up the road so still same exchange.

It should be fine then, but drop me a PM with the postcode and phone number if you want me to check and make sure as I'm aware that keeping the same number can be very important to some people.

So do we place a order for phone and broadband before we move or once we have moved? How's best to do it? And is there a cost to move a service?

I'd advise giving as much notice as possible:
ll it make a difference that the line that we are moving to has been disconnected for over 6 months, maybe a year?

That should make no difference at all.
Have a look here if you need any more info about house moves, there's a lot covered on this page: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grexy
Dabbler

ok just wondering if I can have a little more help on this?
We got broadband and phone from plusnet before the house move. we paid upfront for the phone line for 12 months, and BB was £4.99 half price for 12 months.
when we moved we got told my CS that there was all sorts of fee's because the line hadn't been used for a while in the new house. In the end the CS told us that the new broadband charge would be £6.49 for 24 months and that way we wouldn't have to pay any line install fee's. we where happy, even though we didn't think we would need to pay to move house!
now on one of the first questions support have sent, it talks about the BB at £6.49, but also talks about line rental at £13.99?? I have raised a question to make sure that the new ongoing cost would just be £6.49 for BB and the line rental is still paid up front as the CS said over the phone.
The question number is 70028040 but I asked the question on there but didn't get a answer. the username is: dewhurst121

Thanks
grexy
Dabbler

Not really liking plusnet customer service here! No one has responded to this post or the questions I have posted to support. I posted the questions two days ago and one person did reply but didn't answer my question.

After getting advise from plusnet we signed up to broadband and home phone before moving home ( I explained we where moving home in a few weeks) to my surprise you then told me it would cost to move home! This was offered as a increase in the broadband cost and having to sign a 24 month contract. From the messages in support it now looks like you are saying we have to pay for another 12 months phone line again! This is not fair after what I was told by customer service. But I can't find out for sure, because no one will answer the questions!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Grexy,
I'm really sorry no one's replied to your post yet, we'd recommend calling support for anything urgent but of course we do our best to answer as many posts as we're able to on here as well.
I can confirm that as line rental has been paid up front as part of our line rental saver scheme that there won't be any additional charges. You were notified incorrectly due to a known issue so I'm really sorry for any confusion that may have caused.
to my surprise you then told me it would cost to move home!

There are costs involved for ourselves but it sounds like we didn't present these options to you in the best possible way, I'll see if there's anything I can feed back regarding that.
Just let us know if there's any other concerns you might have and I'll be happy to pick those up ASAP for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grexy
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.
Was only looking for a reply. Looks like I have nothing to fear!
Thanks again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I fully understand how a lack of communication can leave you feeling!

Hope everything goes to plan, just let me know if there's any issues you need help with.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team